divine

pcp filling query

Anything air rifle related

pcp filling query

Postby pandy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:16 pm

When filling my rifle with a stirrup pump the pressure on the pump varys from the pressure on the gun.. the pump is brand new but the gun I baught second hand could the gage on the gun be not reading the correct pressure or will the pressure between the pump an the gun ie in the house be the lost pressure any information would be very grateful :hmm:
pandy
Pea shooter
Pea shooter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: pcp filling query

Postby leadpig » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:12 pm

by how much does it vary bud,what gun and pump you using ;)
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby pandy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:20 pm

Its reading 200bar on the pump an 150 in the gun.. its a webley accupump.. the guns an air arms s510tc
pandy
Pea shooter
Pea shooter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby hungryrob » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Most likely to be the guage on the pump. If you get up here, you can check it on my dive cylinder. :)
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby leadpig » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:51 pm

pandy wrote:Its reading 200bar on the pump an 150 in the gun.. its a webley accupump.. the guns an air arms s510tc

my money is on the pump as well
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby pandy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:11 pm

Even alough the pumps brand new it will still be the pump yeah ?? :hmm:
pandy
Pea shooter
Pea shooter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm

pandy wrote:Even alough the pumps brand new it will still be the pump yeah ?? :hmm:

i reckon you already answered your own queastion,the pressure differance will be between the pump and gun,try filling the gun up to 180 and see what the pump is saying :)
Last edited by leadpig on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby pandy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:51 pm

A wasnt too sure about going past incase it popped the seals bud
pandy
Pea shooter
Pea shooter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Beer Hunter » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:58 pm

leadpig wrote:i reckon you already answered your own queastion,the pressure differance will be between the pump and gun,try filling the gun up to 280 and see what the pump is saying :)

Jesus - NO!!!
The max fill is only 190 or 200 depending on the caliber. Filling any higher will likely result in damage.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby 247sniper » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:55 pm

leadpig wrote:
pandy wrote:Even alough the pumps brand new it will still be the pump yeah ?? :hmm:

i reckon you already answered your own queastion,the pressure differance will be between the pump and gun,try filling the gun up to 280 and see what the pump is saying :)

:shock: :worried:
247sniper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:00 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:
leadpig wrote:i reckon you already answered your own queastion,the pressure differance will be between the pump and gun,try filling the gun up to 280 and see what the pump is saying :)

Jesus - NO!!!
The max fill is only 190 or 200 depending on the caliber. Filling any higher will likely result in damage.

Kev.

whooooops i meant 180,not 280 :Facepalm: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Fenrir » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:50 pm

leadpig wrote:
Beer Hunter wrote:

Jesus - NO!!!

Kev.

whooooops i meant 180,not 280 :Facepalm: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Is that your new epitaph?
For the avoidance of doubt, there is no such thing as "American English". There is the English language and there are mistakes.
Fenrir
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Viperteks » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:27 pm

The pump has to be higher than the gun otherwise it would not fill it!

Dave
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby leadpig » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Fenrir wrote:
leadpig wrote:
Beer Hunter wrote:

Jesus - NO!!!

Kev.

Is that your new epitaph?

possibly ;) ;) :oops: :oops: :oops:

leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Andy.I » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Viperteks wrote:The pump has to be higher than the gun otherwise it would not fill it!

Dave

Absolutely, there is always a pressure differential across a valve, because the valve has to be lifted against the pressure in whatever is being filled.
"Everything not invented by God is invented by an engineer." HRH Phil the Greek.
Andy.I
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Next

Return to Airguns and FAC air