divine

Weirach HW 100 air rifle.

Anything air rifle related

Weirach HW 100 air rifle.

Postby 247sniper » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Thoughts please guys, anyone got one,had one, what they like for a 12ftlb air rifle?

Steve.
247sniper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Weirach HW 100 air rifle.

Postby leadpig » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:36 pm

haha you after one as well ;) ;) ;) :lol: :thup:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby paxosdad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi Steve, only just joined forum myself. Don't count myself as any expert but I have HW100 177 HW100 22 calibre. Superb accurate rifles. Tried others but none as accurate as these. Go for it.
paxosdad
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby mathspete » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:06 am

Superb build quality, a tad on the heavy side, impossible to double load :thup: . Mine is one of the earlier models that you have to unscrew the air tank to refill and I have had an issue once with slow leaking because I got some crap in the threads and subsequently into the innards, if you can get one of the newer quickfill type. The silencer is one of the best on the market and the two stage trigger is the best I've ever seen on an air rifle :grin: . It's a superb close range bunny, rat and feral basher, I use mine on local golf course where my rimmies are not allowed and in the farm sheds and fishing ponds. Get one you will not regret it, all shooters are big kids and these rifles are just so much fun :grin:
BSA Super meteor and tornado gas ram
AA S410 TDR, Weirauch 100, Rapid 12 FAC, 5 shotguns
Anschutz 1517 &1417, Ruger 10-22 22LR
CZ 550 22-250, CZ 452 17HMR
Sako L61 270, CZ 527 .204
Lee Enfield No 4, Mauser 7.92
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:08 am

mathspete wrote:Superb build quality, a tad on the heavy side, impossible to double load :thup: . Mine is one of the earlier models that you have to unscrew the air tank to refill and I have had an issue once with slow leaking because I got some crap in the threads and subsequently into the innards, if you can get one of the newer quickfill type. The silencer is one of the best on the market and the two stage trigger is the best I've ever seen on an air rifle :grin: . It's a superb close range bunny, rat and feral basher, I use mine on local golf course where my rimmies are not allowed and in the farm sheds and fishing ponds. Get one you will not regret it, all shooters are big kids and these rifles are just so much fun :grin:

177 or 22 :)
how do you rate the aa tdr :hmm:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby mathspete » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:25 am

Mine's a 22 zeroed at 35, you just have to punch some paper to get the hold over/under at other ranges, my mate has a 177 (he only has one eye and therefore struggles to estimate range accurately) he loves it as it is much flatter than mine, it still drops the bunnies with head shots, but can go straight through the ferals and rats so watch out for shed ceilings :shock: . The AA TDR is a nice machine but build quality is not as good, the mag system works but looks clunky and of course there is a lot less wood as it is a light take down rifle. The safety is on the trigger and doesn't compare with the HW for positivity, there is just something more reassuring with a big button to push forward and get a clunk as it goes on or off :thup: . The bonus of course is that you can carry the bag about and it looks like you're carrying a laptop :grin: if you have some sensitive areas with antis who phone the police then this is a big advantage :thup:
BSA Super meteor and tornado gas ram
AA S410 TDR, Weirauch 100, Rapid 12 FAC, 5 shotguns
Anschutz 1517 &1417, Ruger 10-22 22LR
CZ 550 22-250, CZ 452 17HMR
Sako L61 270, CZ 527 .204
Lee Enfield No 4, Mauser 7.92
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:37 pm

interesting
has he tried flat faced pellets in the 177,even a 22 will drill holes through ferals but the flat faced vermipell seemed to stop most of this in my aa s410/bsa ultra.
common sense sugests flatter shooting is better,but seeing as its main use is targets and ferals in barns ect i dont want a hole puncher :worried: :worried: .
not used a 177 airgun since i was a kid,as they were always considerd second best to the 22's,but pcp's have turned this around

leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Airguns and FAC air