divine

Changing to fac air

Anything air rifle related

Changing to fac air

Postby bunnycatcher » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:55 pm

I have a HW77 that's built like a tank its around 12lbs in weight with a good scope on,and it putting out around 11.5 on the chrono, question is I have a slot for an fac air on my licence and was wondering if its worth having this done, Also who is good at getting these done.? and approx.cost Any help welcome. :thup:
The fascination of shooting as a sport depends almost wholly on whether you are at the right or wrong end of the gun.!!!

Happy Hunting...
bunnycatcher
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Re: Changing to fac air

Postby hungryrob » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:47 pm

No it's not.. FAC air rifles are cheaper to buy than 12ft lbs guns and you'd probably be better flogging yours and buying an FAC gun..
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby leadpig » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:01 pm

dont forget once a airgun goes fac in the uk it will always be fac no matter what the fpe is
also fac springers are hard to shoot well,you have to learn how to shoot again :lol:,but when you get used to them they are good
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:57 am

hungryrob wrote:No it's not.. FAC air rifles are cheaper to buy than 12ft lbs guns and you'd probably be better flogging yours and buying an FAC gun..
:thup: :thup:
not only that,but guns with air tubes rather than buddy bottles do not make (IMHO) good FAC air rifles as they do not contain enough air for a decent shot count with a decent power level :thup: :!:
my .22 rapid running at 38 ft/lbs will do over 3 mags/40 shots from a 400cc fill before I notice a difference :thup: and that`s only 10% of the shots you`d get out of a fill @ 12 ft/lbs :shock:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:39 am

Buffy Vampire Slayer wrote:
hungryrob wrote:No it's not.. FAC air rifles are cheaper to buy than 12ft lbs guns and you'd probably be better flogging yours and buying an FAC gun..
not only that,but guns with air tubes rather than buddy bottles do not make (IMHO) good FAC air rifles as they do not contain enough air for a decent shot count with a decent power level :thup: :!:
my .22 rapid running at 38 ft/lbs will do over 3 mags/40 shots from a 400cc fill before I notice a difference :thup: and that`s only 10% of the shots you`d get out of a fill @ 12 ft/lbs :shock:

ummmmm a hw77 is a springer bud ;)
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:34 am

leadpig wrote:
Buffy Vampire Slayer wrote:

ummmmm a hw77 is a springer bud ;)

for some reason I was thinking hw100 :oops: :oops: :oops: :Facepalm: fcuk knows why :? :?
ignore my post :thup: :razz:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Ray7756 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Was thinking of puting my theoben on fac, would that drop its value ???
Cheers
Ray
Ray7756
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Bullit666 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:36 pm

Yeah ray it would. FAC air are way less desirable and less sellable than regular. Best bet is to buy an FAC specific air rifle.
That way you will find things like valves and transfer ports are designed for the higher air flow for 30-40ftlb rifles. Sub12 rifle to FAC cn be restrictive and maybe only get 18ft lb without changing parts etc
Bullit666
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby bunnycatcher » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Thanks for the reply's and advice guys I have made my mind up. Its too heavy for me hunting (wheelchair) but its great down at the range it will stay as is.

ATB.
The fascination of shooting as a sport depends almost wholly on whether you are at the right or wrong end of the gun.!!!

Happy Hunting...
bunnycatcher
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Return to Airguns and FAC air