divine

Bad luck

Anything air rifle related

Bad luck

Postby Twymanc » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:32 am

Hey peeps so Xmas is over and my lovely kids bless em bought me an lamp kit for my air rifle ultra fire from eBay with mount thought it was Gonna be shite for 25 nicker and was pleasantly surprised to see how we'll it worked lol, then after receiving a phone call from my brother in law whose friend has some stables with major rat problem I was even more excited until New Year's Eve . A pain in my lower abdomen and a trip to the hospital within 12 hours I was on the operating table having my appendix removed 2 weeks off work and 6 weeks no heavy lifting how's ya luck lol oh we'll hope you all had a good Xmas and a happy new year to you all
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

bsa lightning se

falcon prairie cs
Twymanc
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Re: Bad luck

Postby hungryrob » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:30 am

That's a bugger of a start to the new year!

Oh well, let them breed until you get there, you'll just need more pellets!
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby Sidebyside » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:32 am

Let's hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to doing those rats in , all the best :thup:
Guns have only two enemies; Rust and Politicians
Sidebyside
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:09 pm

I would look forward to ratting with an night scoped air rifle such that I would look on such a operation as a minor inconvenience. Here's to a speedy a recover and a target rich environment!!!! :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby crazyfrog » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:14 pm

luckily you were diagnosed and treated speedily, OK you have a few weeks to recover, but this will fly past and you will get out there with the new lamp...... Happy Ratting....
Shotguns
Centre Fire
Rimfire
Air Rifles & Pistol

BASC Member
DSC1
NRA RCO, Fullbore, Smallbore, Gallery Rifle
crazyfrog
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Tommo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:37 pm

crazyfrog wrote:
... OK you have a few weeks to recover, but this will fly past and you will get out there with the new lamp...... Happy Ratting....

I broke my arm left at the top just below the shoulder on 12th November. That is now 98% healed.. however I have been told that the damage to the muscles will take up to 12 months before I have full mobility back. Right now I can't even hold a mug of coffee in my left hand let alone shoulder a rifle or shotgun. I am not, as you can imagine, a very happy bunny at the moment.. :cry: :cry: :kill: :turd: :kill: :turd: :kill: :cry: :cry:
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth...

NRA qualified RCO.. and all-round good egg :)
Tommo
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Ageing Manxman. Formerly of Southport, now back home in the Isle of Man

Postby Fenrir » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:11 pm

Tommo wrote:
crazyfrog wrote:
... OK you have a few weeks to recover, but this will fly past and you will get out there with the new lamp...... Happy Ratting....

I broke my arm left at the top just below the shoulder on 12th November. That is now 98% healed.. however I have been told that the damage to the muscles will take up to 12 months before I have full mobility back. Right now I can't even hold a mug of coffee in my left hand let alone shoulder a rifle or shotgun. I am not, as you can imagine, a very happy bunny at the moment.. :cry: :cry: :kill: :turd: :kill: :turd: :kill: :cry: :cry:

If I were you I would be tempted to get a pistol. :Facepalm:
For the avoidance of doubt, there is no such thing as "American English". There is the English language and there are mistakes.
Fenrir
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:33 pm

Fenrir wrote: If I were you I would be tempted to get a pistol. :Facepalm:

That's mean, perhaps he could take up darts or spear chucking in the meanwhile. ;) ;) ;) ;)
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Tommo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:03 am

flintlok wrote:
....That's mean, perhaps he could take up darts or spear chucking in the meanwhile. ;) ;) ;) ;)...

Nope. Because I can't extend my left arm more than a couple of inches from my body so I'd have no balance to chuck darts (nor the inclination.. stupid, boring game..). A pistol, of sorts, I have in the form of a Co2 1911 style Tanfoglio Witness - complete with a very acceptable blow-back action. And it's quite accurate too. :grin: :thup: :grin: The downside is reloading the mag and having to pull the spring catch down and hold it whilst I load the BB's.. it's a tad too painful at the moment.. :cry: :cry:
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth...

NRA qualified RCO.. and all-round good egg :)
Tommo
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Ageing Manxman. Formerly of Southport, now back home in the Isle of Man

Postby Fenrir » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:31 am

Tommo wrote:
flintlok wrote:
....That's mean, perhaps he could take up darts or spear chucking in the meanwhile. ;) ;) ;) ;)...

Nope. Because I can't extend my left arm more than a couple of inches from my body so I'd have no balance to chuck darts (nor the inclination.. stupid, boring game..). A pistol, of sorts, I have in the form of a Co2 1911 style Tanfoglio Witness - complete with a very acceptable blow-back action. And it's quite accurate too. :grin: :thup: :grin: The downside is reloading the mag and having to pull the spring catch down and hold it whilst I load the BB's.. it's a tad too painful at the moment.. :cry: :cry:

Why not stick in a variation for a LBP/LBR or a muzzle loader like my Westlake Armscor?
For the avoidance of doubt, there is no such thing as "American English". There is the English language and there are mistakes.
Fenrir
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Twymanc » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:05 am

Cheers lads much appreciated still been practicing my shooting managed to improve my accuracy by 30% we'll on call of duty that is haha thanks for the support.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

bsa lightning se

falcon prairie cs
Twymanc
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Return to Airguns and FAC air