divine

Huggett shroud system?

Anything air rifle related

Huggett shroud system?

Postby 247sniper » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:47 am

Hi guys,

My dad has a Air Ranger 50 ftlbs OK, and even with a air stream silencer on the muzzle report is still bloody loud and he really want to reduce it, even my .22 rimmy is much quieter!

What are your thoughts and views on the Huggett shroud system, abybody got any experience with them, do you think that this will be the best bit of kit to get to make it quieter?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks

Steve. :thup:
247sniper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Huggett shroud system?

Postby leadpig » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:07 pm

247sniper wrote:Hi guys,

My dad has a Air Ranger 50 ftlbs OK, and even with a air stream silencer on the muzzle report is still bloody loud and he really want to reduce it, even my .22 rimmy is much quieter!

What are your thoughts and views on the Huggett shroud system, abybody got any experience with them, do you think that this will be the best bit of kit to get to make it quieter?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks

Steve. :thup:

what pellets is he using steve,if they are 16g ect they will be going supersonic and you cant tame that crack, but if you swapped to 30/40g this should drop it below 1000 fps,stick it over your chronograph ;)
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:11 pm

also try a normal rimfire mod on it if you can :thup:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby 247sniper » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:19 pm

They are the 18 grain pellets Dave, they have been chronoed at 1030ftps, (below speed of sound)

I have also tried my rimfire mod on and its no better, and that rifle spits out subsonic ammo out a 1022ftps.?
247sniper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:00 pm

as said fac air rifles need to be kept around 900/950 fps,50fpe is around double the recommended maximum energy for normal pellets ;) :shock:
still looking ;)

leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Airguns and FAC air