divine

pellet choice for hunting (.22)

Anything air rifle related

pellet choice for hunting (.22)

Postby Zzr1100 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:20 am

hi all, my new permission has areas that are not suitable for me to use my rim fire so its time to get the old air rifle out ..
now heres the question ,, i last hunted with it (falcon fn19 pcp) about 14 yrs ago and used to use accupell with considerable success ,, is there anything new on the market that advances on the accupell since then ?

(i have thought about getting the fn19 uprated and added to my FAC, although im not sure if its suitable or what the process is ,,, licencing etc ..)
.22 brno mod2
12b lanber sporter
.22 falcon fn19 pcp
Greys platinum X .. !!
Zzr1100
Rifleman
Rifleman

Re: pellet choice for hunting (.22)

Postby mathspete » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:24 am

If it worked then carry on using it, don't change what works for your gun is my opinion for what it's worth :thup: .
BSA Super meteor and tornado gas ram
AA S410 TDR, Weirauch 100, Rapid 12 FAC, 5 shotguns
Anschutz 1517 &1417, Ruger 10-22 22LR
CZ 550 22-250, CZ 452 17HMR
Sako L61 270, CZ 527 .204
Lee Enfield No 4, Mauser 7.92
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Zzr1100 wrote:hi all, my new permission has areas that are not suitable for me to use my rim fire so its time to get the old air rifle out ..
now heres the question ,, i last hunted with it (falcon fn19 pcp) about 14 yrs ago and used to use accupell with considerable success ,, is there anything new on the market that advances on the accupell since then ?

(i have thought about getting the fn19 uprated and added to my FAC, although im not sure if its suitable or what the process is ,,, licencing etc ..)

air arms diablo field have worked well in every 22 pcp ive tried,jsb exacts can be really good as well
you would need to have the rifle put on ticket before you change it, but remember once a air rifle goes fac you cant take it off, you can drop the power back to sub 12fpe but its still a fac gun.the gun is then not worth anywhere near as much :thdn:
better option is to buy a cheap fac air gun,you can get a new bsa ultra for £300 new and its a cracking little gun
but shot count in fac would only be around 20
ive just put fac air on my ticket and am considering .25 at around 18fpe :thup:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby centrefire583 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:26 pm

as above air arms field or jsb exact are excellent pellets.

these pellets have never performed badly in any gun I have had.

and in some they have performed remarkably

the other good thing about these pellets is they are affected by the wind less and retain more down range energy compared with pellets of the same weight in .22. in other words their ballistic coefficient is good for a pellet.
centrefire583
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby hungryrob » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:38 pm

Accupels are good but in my opinion, the AA diablo field are the most versatile. They have shot well in every airgun I have ever owned.
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby Shootist » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Another vote here for Air Arms. They go well in my FAC Falcon FN19 running at 25 ft/lb.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Airguns and FAC air