divine

moderator quandry

Anything air rifle related

moderator quandry

Postby Zzr1100 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:13 am

hi folks, ive got problems with my fn19 and accuracy with a mod ...
the mod attaches by use of a collar ,
without a mod on it groups pellet on pellet, with the old parker hale on it it groups like a shotgun, with the SAK from my rimfire its a bit better but not much,
initial thoughts must be that the collar/adaptor must be misaligned a the pellet is touching the mod on the way through,
the thing is .. there are no pellet debris in either mod.. the adaptor cant really be mis-aligned as its a very very tight fit and is all the way on the barrel ...
any advice ??? :?
.22 brno mod2
12b lanber sporter
.22 falcon fn19 pcp
Greys platinum X .. !!
Zzr1100
Rifleman
Rifleman

Re: moderator quandry

Postby hungryrob » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:11 pm

If it's heavy, it may have changed the barrel harmonics.. Can't really help otherwise :oops:
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:52 pm

hungryrob wrote:If it's heavy, it may have changed the barrel harmonics.. Can't really help otherwise :oops:

i thought that but saks' aren't don't know about the other one he's using though :hmm:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Buffy Vampire Slayer wrote:
hungryrob wrote:If it's heavy, it may have changed the barrel harmonics.. Can't really help otherwise :oops:

i thought that but saks' aren't don't know about the other one he's using though :hmm:

parkerhale are solid steel ;) :lol:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:16 am

I have an FN 19 in .22 FAC. Same arrangement. As you have the problem with two different sound mods, then pretty much the only thing to look at is the collar (same way mine is mounted.) The first thing is to change the collar. If possible it may be worth borrowing another mod to try just in case, but odds are it's the collar. The grub screws tighten onto the barrel and will pull the collar to one side, which would give the effect you describe if the initial fit is a bit sloppy. But, you say the collar is a very, very, tight fit. Is that with the grub screws fully loosened? It shouldn't be that tight. Just a snug fit. When I bought the collar for mine, the gunshop had about five in and I spent some time trying out which would fit the best.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Zzr1100 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Here is where I hit another problem ... Can get the damn collar off ! Tried holding it in a vice and then twisting/pulling ... The barrel started to come out of the receiver ! Blow torch next perhaps ?
.22 brno mod2
12b lanber sporter
.22 falcon fn19 pcp
Greys platinum X .. !!
Zzr1100
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Shootist » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:48 pm

Remove the barrel, use a Dremel to cut two longitudinal grooves into the collar. Use a nut splitter to break it up and remove it. Don't ask me how I know.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Triffid » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:44 am

Shootist wrote:Remove the barrel, use a Dremel to cut two longitudinal grooves into the collar. Use a nut splitter to break it up and remove it. Don't ask me how I know.

I'd try the blowtorch first!
Triffid
Triffid
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Airguns and FAC air