divine

Weihrauch HW35 177

Anything air rifle related

Weihrauch HW35 177

Postby Deallad » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Guys,

Do any of you own a Weihrauch HW35 in 177?

Thinking about buying a brand new one for part of my pest control kit. don't want a pcp can't be bothered with tanks and pumps, been there and done it. Only needs to be non FAC, or the 17 or 22 rimmy comes out.

It wont be fitted with a scope, just used straight from the box on feral pigeons and rats with a max distance of 50 feet.

How do you find the accuracy/ power?

Looking for info on this model only.

Thanks for info.

Mike
CZ 455.22LR 17HMR 22WMR
Marlin 39a 22 & 336 in 30-30win
RUGER 1022
Henry 22wmr & 45/70gov
Remington 700 Police LTR 223 S&B 5-25X56 PM11 P3 FFP
Accuracy Int AXMC 300 Win Mag S&B 5-25x56 PM!! P4F FFP
Benelli M2
NRA QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR
Deallad
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Weihrauch HW35 177

Postby Les1066 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Mike, I know you're asking about the .177, but I have a HW35 in .22 and it's a very good vermin rifle, so I imagine the .177 will be the same - or better.

Consider the HW95K, too. It's a 'modern' design, full power, comes with a moderator and it's lighter than the 35. ;)
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Deallad » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:18 pm

Thanks for the info Les,

I shall have to take a closer look at both, the weight is not too much of a problem and I guess there is not a lot in it. cost wise £20--00

Had a look at other guns, but the Weihrauch are working guns no silly gimmicks well built and not much really comes close in the price.

I like the idea of being able to change the front inserts for different conditions too, I also find the triggers superior than just about any springer on the planet.

Mike
CZ 455.22LR 17HMR 22WMR
Marlin 39a 22 & 336 in 30-30win
RUGER 1022
Henry 22wmr & 45/70gov
Remington 700 Police LTR 223 S&B 5-25X56 PM11 P3 FFP
Accuracy Int AXMC 300 Win Mag S&B 5-25x56 PM!! P4F FFP
Benelli M2
NRA QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR
Deallad
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:00 pm

For 50 ft maximum range I would be tempted to suggest .22. The main reason being that .177 springers are often more hold sensitive. Also, at that range with sub 12 ft/lb there is no need to be concerned about penetrating feathers, where at longer range that can become an issue. I personally would be minded to get an HW80K in .22. You have the open sights option and if you want to, at some time in the future, you can very easily upgrade it to FAC, at which it remains tame to shoot. An absolute classic of a rifle and so easy to work on.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Viperteks » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:00 pm

Shootist wrote:For 50 ft maximum range I would be tempted to suggest .22. The main reason being that .177 springers are often more hold sensitive. Also, at that range with sub 12 ft/lb there is no need to be concerned about penetrating feathers, where at longer range that can become an issue. I personally would be minded to get an HW80K in .22. You have the open sights option and if you want to, at some time in the future, you can very easily upgrade it to FAC, at which it remains tame to shoot. An absolute classic of a rifle and so easy to work on.

I have to agree, years ago, all my feral pigeon clearance was done was done with a .22 HW77k. Dropped them all instantly and virtually no overpenetration. With the .177 FWB Sport we often had 'runners' that had just been drilled and the occasional slug hole in the old asbetos roofs :shock:

If it's under 50 ft, deffo .22 :thup:

Dave
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby Shootist » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:21 am

You rotten buggers! This thread had forced me to spend money purchasing an elderly and much neglected HW80, complete with open sights, in .22 cal. When fired it sounds like a galvanised bucket being thrown across a tin roof, and the external finish leaves a lot to be desired, but the wood looks promising, but tired. The intention is to give it a basic tune without spending a fortune and, of course, enjoy it.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Keef » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:27 pm

Have you been to the gym yet so you can hold it consistently?
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby Shootist » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Well, not been to the gym, but after a great deal of buggering about, and spending no small amount of time slicing coils off of springs and the like, I've got 'The Terminator' as it's been christened, shooting at about 11.2 ft/lbs. The chrono is now receiving counselling and is expected to make a full recovery. I've grown to hate the Rekord trigger. OK, it's a great airgun trigger, but why the hell didn't they think to make the rear cylinder gubbins just a few mm longer and have it fixed like the TX200? Easy to remove and replace, and no need to fart around with that bloody safety catch! If it maintains the accuracy it had before any serious fiddling I've done with it, it'll be a great rifle. Definitely a keeper. The only decision now is whether to keep it below 12 ft/lb or put it on ticket. The trouble is, that's a one way trip. although the serial number is only on the barrel... :hmm:
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Airguns and FAC air