divine

HW 100

Anything air rifle related

HW 100

Postby Texasproud » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:15 am

I have not contributed comments on the air gun section in awhile, but I had to comment on the HW 100 I've recently tried out. I've been in Ireland the past couple of weeks and one of my brother in laws introduced me to one of the finest air rifles I have ever shot. Observation tells us this is one fine looking piece of equipment, as y'all would say a "proper" hunting air riflle. The stock, receiver and overall presentation looked good. Weight is a bit noticeable, but not uncomfortable even after a few hours carrying it in the fields. The side lever loading system is fantastic, and the suppressor is ant fart quiet. The trigger is exquisite and the only thing I can compare it to is the trigger on my Anschutz 54.18. I'm heading back to Texas on Sunday but I will be saving my sheckels for one in my future. This is one of the finest, most accurate air rifles I've ever shot.
Texasproud
Rifleman
Rifleman

Re: HW 100

Postby Les1066 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:00 am

Texasproud wrote:I have not contributed comments on the air gun section in awhile, but I had to comment on the HW 100 I've recently tried out. I've been in Ireland the past couple of weeks and one of my brother in laws introduced me to one of the finest air rifles I have ever shot. Observation tells us this is one fine looking piece of equipment, as y'all would say a "proper" hunting air riflle. The stock, receiver and overall presentation looked good. Weight is a bit noticeable, but not uncomfortable even after a few hours carrying it in the fields. The side lever loading system is fantastic, and the suppressor is ant fart quiet. The trigger is exquisite and the only thing I can compare it to is the trigger on my Anschutz 54.18. I'm heading back to Texas on Sunday but I will be saving my sheckels for one in my future. This is one of the finest, most accurate air rifles I've ever shot.

I can only agree with everything that you have said! :thup:

I had a full-length .22 HW100, and it was an absolute pleasure to use. The problem for me, though, was that it was too good! :lol:

It was just so accurate and predictable that I got bored using it, so I went back to my Weihrauch springers ........ a 77, 77K and 97K. There is nothing like a springer to keep your technique honest, although I do still have a couple of PCP's, but non of them compare to the HW100. :)
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby hungryrob » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:05 pm

I'd love one, they are superb and those I have shot have all been awesome. Great choice!
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby leadpig » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:46 pm

hungryrob wrote:I'd love one, they are superb and those I have shot have all been awesome. Great choice!

yes, yes it was ;) ;) :thup: :thup: :lol:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Keef » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:54 pm

They work well as a bullpup, short and handy:

Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby Les1066 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Geez, there should be a law against fugly bullpups like that! :barf:
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Airguns and FAC air