divine

Airgun Dealer In Fife

Anything air rifle related

Re: Airgun Dealer In Fife

Postby humperdingle » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:19 pm

plugg649 wrote:lol yeh it is a tip, but i've had some really cheap (but excellent) guns from him over the past couple of years.

Can be a bit offish with people he doesn't know (common trait with Firearms dealers), but he warms up lol.

This has got absolutly bugger all to do with airguns but you mention really cheap (but excellent) guns from "we're game"...im on the look out for a cheap (£100-£200) shotgun and a good .22lr or .17HMR does he stock what im after or am i better looking elsewhere. I have to admit im a little tight fisted (im a student !) but still believe in you get what you pay for :oops: :neutral:[/quote]

If you go in, emphasise CHEAP. He has loads of stuff through the back. Loads of shotguns and loads of .22s. He has a few airguns aswell. He showed me a nice Theoben Rapid 12 kit (2nd hand) the other day.
Say that you know me (Mark) ... might not help, but he might be more open. I'm always in there after a cheapie to do up.
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:27 pm

humperdingle wrote:
plugg649 wrote:lol yeh it is a tip, but i've had some really cheap (but excellent) guns from him over the past couple of years.

Can be a bit offish with people he doesn't know (common trait with Firearms dealers), but he warms up lol.

This has got absolutly bugger all to do with airguns but you mention really cheap (but excellent) guns from "we're game"...im on the look out for a cheap (£100-£200) shotgun and a good .22lr or .17HMR does he stock what im after or am i better looking elsewhere. I have to admit im a little tight fisted (im a student !) but still believe in you get what you pay for :oops: :neutral:

If you go in, emphasise CHEAP. He has loads of stuff through the back. Loads of shotguns and loads of .22s. He has a few airguns aswell. He showed me a nice Theoben Rapid 12 kit (2nd hand) the other day.
Say that you know me (Mark) ... might not help, but he might be more open. I'm always in there after a cheapie to do up.[/quote]

Ill do that...thanks mark......im always on the look out but thats great...ill just go in and say that your picking up the tab :lol:....(im honestly joking ) as i said my ticket(s) application(s) will be re-submitted (christ dont get me started on that !) at the end of june so here is hoping this time..if not straight to BASC !!
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Photoguy2910 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:48 pm

I have an idea, how about we all meet up in we're game, I have a feeling there will be quite a few of us in there soon anyway :DD
Photoguy2910
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby humperdingle » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:57 pm

Might be a tight squeeze for more than 3 punters at a time!

I'm going in at about 11 tomorrow anyway.
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Photoguy2910 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:04 pm

I might be around there then, got a job at 10.30 in Glenrothes, so I will see if I can pop down... might see you there
Photoguy2910
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:09 pm

Evening Gents,

As I said last night I would post an update on the situation with airguns and "Aladins Cave" in Leslie....so here its is...

The proprietor has been issued his RFD ticket and is stocking airguns.

In terms of hardware there really isnt that much to choose from...5 guns on the rack...from what i can see they are new.

So whats he got then ??....well...HW90, Norica Titan, BAM (?) underlever, QBS (CO2) Double charge and a Cometa 300 (running 11.8ft/lbs)...all in .22. As I said last night when I was talking to him a few month back he was planning on stocking Air Arms, BSA and Weirauch guns...im not sure if its a case of hes not set up the contract or decided with lower end of scale hardware for affordability for the customer.

In terms of pellets...very little...Logun Penetrators, Prometheus, Rabbit Magnum (24gr heavy weights (only in .177)) Accupels, Jet pointed, Milbro dome and another brand that I couldnt quite see but I think they were called Exocet or something...I didnt see the manufacturer.

From what I can remember prices were decent...but I would be guessing if I had to quote them...the HW90 was £325 I think with 3-9x40 scope and factory fitted moderator.

I hope this is of maybe some use....to someone....somewhere :)

Cheers lads

Phil
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Photoguy2910 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:43 pm

Thanks for the update, I went to we're game today, the guy couldn't have been nicer... even met up with Mark (nice to meet you mate).

Then I went up to Fife field sports, great new place, much more open and a great gun room... well, it will be when they get the guns in it :DD
Photoguy2910
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:14 pm

Photoguy2910 wrote:Thanks for the update, I went to we're game today, the guy couldn't have been nicer... even met up with Mark (nice to meet you mate).

Then I went up to Fife field sports, great new place, much more open and a great gun room... well, it will be when they get the guns in it :DD

No problem mate...I was myself going to pop down to "we're game" today but it just depresses me with all those lovely guns on the racks (I need to be careful here :neutral: ) and no SGC/FAC...(YET !) :evil: :evil: :evil: Roll on end of June :razz:
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Photoguy2910 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:30 pm

I know the feeling, just have to get another permission signed and a gun cabinet and the applications will be going in... then... look out gun shops and credit card :lol:
Photoguy2910
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Figjam » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:17 pm

Jim Brown was the owner of target shooting supplies, he sold the business and the name, when in crossgates they still had the stock they bought and the relevant licences etc. to hold and sell ammunition and firearms.

However the outfit that bought the shop were only interested in skirmishing with paintball stuff, very reluctant to get anything to do with 'real guns' or airguns.

We used to use jim a lot in the past and it was a great shame, he probably forgot more about guns than most people will ever learn, sadly missed im affraid.

kenny
Figjam
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby humperdingle » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:22 pm

Yeh he was miserable most of the time... It's like you were disturbing his peace and quiet by daring to enter the premises.

He still shoots up at the Fife and Kinross Full bore Club though I think.
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Photoguy2910 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:56 pm

I popped in a few times to the Crossgates shop, after the new folk took over, never had anything I wanted and wouldn't even try to get it in, just gave up in the end... shame really, could do with more good gun shops.
Photoguy2910
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby humperdingle » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:03 pm

I know what you mean. I was in three times to look at shotguns when I first got my ticket, and each time (with different shotguns), the guy said "If I had my ticket, this would be the gun I'd get"

Either very forgetful, or just a liar.

But yeh they didn't seem too keen on ordering any "Real gun" stuff, and I pestered them to get a particular brand of cartridge in, and eventually got fed up of the lame excuses everytime I phoned them... not good.
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby hungryrob » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:00 am

Figjam wrote:Jim Brown was the owner of target shooting supplies, he sold the business and the name, when in crossgates they still had the stock they bought and the relevant licences etc. to hold and sell ammunition and firearms.

However the outfit that bought the shop were only interested in skirmishing with paintball stuff, very reluctant to get anything to do with 'real guns' or airguns.

We used to use jim a lot in the past and it was a great shame, he probably forgot more about guns than most people will ever learn, sadly missed im affraid.

kenny

I learned a lot from him as well; real advice from a genuinely very knowledgeable bloke. Took a bit of getting used to him though; he needed to warm up a bit.
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Previous

Return to Airguns and FAC air