divine

What are you using???

Anything air rifle related

Re: What are you using???

Postby whisper » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi All,

I'm using a .20 Taylored Rapid Mk2 with a CS800 stock and AWT silencer, MTC Viper 3-12 x 44 scope and an ASpro with a Dipol L3 laser.

I use this down my local HFT range and for my Vermin Shooting .

In the future I would like to try FAC and the new GBSights Night Vision :mrgreen:
whisper

Postby hungryrob » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:35 pm

whisper wrote:Hi All,

I'm using a .20 Taylored Rapid Mk2 with a CS800 stock and AWT silencer, MTC Viper 3-12 x 44 scope and an ASpro with a Dipol L3 laser.

I use this down my local HFT range and for my Vermin Shooting .

In the future I would like to try FAC and the new GBSights Night Vision :mrgreen:

Welcome aboard Whisper, nice to have you long.

I'm sure that there will be some 'testing' of the new GB sights stuff here before long. Gavin seems happy to have people try before they buy so you might want to give him a PM (dogfox). His production is running a little slow at the minute but is on the way to going much faster in the very near future. I've seen the new Digital monocular and the quality is outstanding.

Where are you based? Could you please fill out your profile as it will help when folks are offering to share shoots and equipment as well as organise get togethers / range days etc.

Robbie
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby whisper » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:38 pm

Thanks Robbie,

My profile is filled in now. I'm based in Swindon in Wiltshire and I will always try to attend get togethers / range days etc.

Good luck on the new forum, It looks great 8-)
whisper

Postby Born Again » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:19 am

I have a few Airguns in use and some in mothballs.

My main 12ft/lb hunter is a Rapid Mk2, 0.177, with Leupold 6.5-20x50LR Varmint scope (usually set to 10x) and a home modified Vortex silencer. It's a very accurate combo but a bit heavy, ideal for my normal ambush shooting. For stalking around Oak and Chestnut trees for squirrels I'm finding a Phoenix Mk2 with Connect01 scope pretty useful, it handles well and has a wide field of view.
Born Again
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby Keef » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:50 pm

I have an LR90 bullpup that I still use.

I also have a Mk2 Huntsman bullpup that's in an FT stock but never gets used now. I will probably make a lighter slim line stock for it and sell it later.

On top of that I have a TX200 and a Pro Target, neither of which have stocks. Eventually they will be bullpupped when I get time and sold as I doubt I will use them now.

Proceeds will go to a quality 308!
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby peterogers » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:16 pm

Keef wrote:On top of that I have a TX200 and a Pro Target, neither of which have stocks. Eventually they will be bullpupped when I get time and sold as I doubt I will use them now.

If i was to buy an airgun, then it would have to be a X200 for some HFT :D But the draw of hft just isn't as strong as for gallery comps wth my nasty black rifle, marlin or soon to be Taurus 8-)
Paddle faster, I hear banjoes
peterogers
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Ratman2 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:35 am

I have many airguns and most of them get used at least once a week, but my out and out favourite is my Webley Tomahawk. :)
I like to think the older I get the wiser I become, but I'm not so sure.
Ratman2
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Judge Ali » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Am still using the same HW97K .22 I have had for the past 4 years.

Use it for all my lamping and day time rabbiting, it has never been serviced or stripped and still knocks bunnies over flat every time. It was on 11.8 ft/lbs when I first had it but think it has lost a little bit lately, am putting it through the chronograph at Christchurch Gub Club next weekend to see where it is now but I would guess around 10.5 ft/lbs.

I love this gun, I would have upgraded to something newer but have never seen the point. This does everything I need it for - the only issue I could raise is that it can get a little heavy towards the end of the day when knocking out roosting pigeons (or maybe I am just getting old!)
Judge Ali
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby davo601 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:11 pm

I've got an Air Arms S410k Walnut thumb hole in .22, It's a shame it sits in the cupboard doing nothing now, and has done for about 8 months.....
I think I'll put it up for sale, great accurate silent rifle just don't use it anymore. :(
davo601
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Photoguy2910 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:47 pm

davo601 wrote:I've got an Air Arms S410k Walnut thumb hole in .22, It's a shame it sits in the cupboard doing nothing now, and has done for about 8 months.....
I think I'll put it up for sale, great accurate silent rifle just don't use it anymore. :(

Mmmmmm, if the price is right I might just be interested... :DD
Photoguy2910
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby davo601 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:40 pm

Photoguy2910 wrote:
davo601 wrote:I've got an Air Arms S410k Walnut thumb hole in .22, It's a shame it sits in the cupboard doing nothing now, and has done for about 8 months.....

Mmmmmm, if the price is right I might just be interested... :DD

PM sent. 8-)
davo601
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby South » Thu May 29, 2008 3:35 pm

Alex Gibbs wrote:Am still using the same HW97K .22 I have had for the past 4 years.

Use it for all my lamping and day time rabbiting, it has never been serviced or stripped and still knocks bunnies over flat every time. It was on 11.8 ft/lbs when I first had it but think it has lost a little bit lately, am putting it through the chronograph at Christchurch Gub Club next weekend to see where it is now but I would guess around 10.5 ft/lbs.

I love this gun, I would have upgraded to something newer but have never seen the point. This does everything I need it for - the only issue I could raise is that it can get a little heavy towards the end of the day when knocking out roosting pigeons (or maybe I am just getting old!)

I use an old HW80 .22, still in fine form, and like you don't see the point of upgrading for the sake of it. It's perfectly capable of taking out a pigeon at 30 yards (using Bisley Pest Control). Anyone using Bisley Magnums in this model ?
South

Postby Photoguy2910 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:02 pm

It's really good to see the mix of guns used.

I have an old MK1 HW80 in .22 that I use Magnums in, as it's a sub 12ft/lbs the loop is interesting :grin: , it's more of a lob
Photoguy2910
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby nomadcelt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Meteor Mk2 .22 with Hawke Eclipse 4X32 Scope.

Completely stripped and lovingly restored by myself in a local armoury.

Outputs a not-too-shabby 11.5-11.8 ftlbs depending on pellet.
nomadcelt

Previous

Return to Airguns and FAC air