divine

Night Vision nature watching

Don't buy cheap glass!

Night Vision nature watching

Postby hungryrob » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:23 am

I went out for a fox tonight that has been pinching hens from a neighbour.

I saw it come out at 11:30pm and head off at high speed towards a house on the hillside around 400 yards away. It obvoiusly has been getting fed there as it did the same the night before.

Anyway; without coming closer than 300 yards; it went about its business for an hour or two whilst I watched it. I tried squeaking but it completely ignored me :roll: I had an utterly fascinating time just watching it wander around the side of a hill. It would get to within 10 yards of a rabbit before making a half hearted attempt to catch one and then simply wandering off to the next one. I guess it's belly was too full of cat food or whatever she fed it to really care about catching it's supper.

What really surprised me was how apparently careless the rabbits were. It walked right through the middle of a good sized group of them at least twice and was at times less than ten yards away.. They were obviously aware of it but simply took a few bounces out of the way :shock:

I'll get it another night.
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision