divine

Love Bushnell Scopes but I will never buy another

Don't buy cheap glass!

Love Bushnell Scopes but I will never buy another

Postby Beer Hunter » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:59 pm

I love Bushnell Scopes but I will never buy another as long as the UK importer is J J Vickers & Sons Ltd.
I've now had two 3200's and three 4200's and they are all quality items. Build and lens quality are about as good as you get for the price, but these Vickers idiots let the side down entirely.
About a month ago I contacted them for information on how I might get replacement turret covers - no reply. I resent it knowing how easily some mails go to to bottom of the list and are forgotten - no reply.
I then sent another mail to every address I could find in Vickers - no reply.

If that is the customer service they offer, then I just don't want to know.

Shame, I really do like the scopes.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Re: Love Bushnell Scopes but I will never buy another

Postby hungryrob » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:09 am

Maybe we should all sent them an email asking the same question. SOmeone should eventually get one :)

Care to post a template Kev?? 8-)
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby jamie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:19 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:I love Bushnell Scopes but I will never buy another as long as the UK importer is J J Vickers & Sons Ltd.
I've now had two 3200's and three 4200's and they are all quality items. Build and lens quality are about as good as you get for the price, but these Vickers idiots let the side down entirely.
About a month ago I contacted them for information on how I might get replacement turret covers - no reply. I resent it knowing how easily some mails go to to bottom of the list and are forgotten - no reply.

Kev.

thats poor service kev have they got a phone number you could ring and tell them ? i would ring them and tell them the service is poor.

i just sold my side px 4200 6x24x50 bushnell elite. shame really as its optics as you said are as clear as anything for the money. i just didnt like the mildots. im going for the zeiss conquest now with number 20 standard cross hair.

ive heard good things about them and the optics are super clear to so i will guess i will have to wait and see
jamie
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Baldie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:01 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:I love Bushnell Scopes but I will never buy another as long as the UK importer is J J Vickers & Sons Ltd.

Kev.

Kev,

I dunno whether you are just plain optimistic, or a bit naive. I know at least one company that had to stop using email as a tool, because 'good' emails were too difficult to find amongst the junk ones.

Ring them directly. If you get shyte service, then complain. :thup:

Baldie
Trade Member
Trade Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Beer Hunter » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:11 pm

Baldie wrote:Kev,

I dunno whether you are just plain optimistic, or a bit naive. I know at least one company that had to stop using email as a tool, because 'good' emails were too difficult to find amongst the junk ones.

As they choose to advertise e-mail as a method to contact them for support, they should either answer all genuine querys or remove the links from their web site is they are unable to cope with the volume.
I contacted them in a way in which they asked to be contacted (several times) and had no response. I my book that is bad service and I feel completely justified in complaining about it.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby hungryrob » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:16 am

Nice to see you here Geoff; Look forward to some wisdom amongst the rabble :grin:
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby jeff » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:13 am

I always find an emailed letter to the shooting mags explaing why such comapnies will never get/keep me as a customer after such piss poor service always makes me feel better! I really don't know why companies use email contact methods when they are so incapble of dealing with customers this way.

It's also why, price aside, nearly all my stuff now comes from the US. With healthy competition, and nearly no exclusive distribution or retail deals, they understand the need for customer service - unlike most of the local suppliers.

Just to illustrate - I went to use a Lee product for the first time since buying, and found they'd shipped two small primer bits instead of one small one large. Quick email to Lee, and I had an answer within one working day from them, not only apologising and sending me the goods via airmail, but also sending me FOC a new decapping pin assembly to replace the one I'd lost from my 9mm dies which I asked them if I could buy a replacement for.
Jeff

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
jeff
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Keef » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:55 am

It's not just US businesses that are quick to reply.

I sent a question by e mail to the US State Department asking if a private US citizen could send magazines to me without an export licence.

I sent the e mail at about 1300hrs our time and had an answer by 1900hrs.

Can you imagine our civil service answering that quickly?
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby Baldie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:

As they choose to advertise e-mail as a method to contact them for support, they should either answer all genuine querys or remove the links from their web site is they are unable to cope with the volume.
I contacted them in a way in which they asked to be contacted (several times) and had no response. I my book that is bad service and I feel completely justified in complaining about it.

Kev.

If it makes you feel better, then complain. But I thought you wanted some new turret covers?

As others have remarked on, we Brits are slow to use modern technology to enhance out sales opportunities. And when we do, we often use it badly. I've a long standing girlfriend who works for an internationally known company (in their industry). She often spends the first 1 to 2 hours of her day removing spam from the company "enquiries" in-box. They have an IT Manager, who obviously needs sacking ....

If you still want the covers, PM me details, and I'll get you (a) and answer and (b) the product if available and you still need it. :thup:

I thought the idea was to get what you want, not suffer because some plank can't provide a good service?

Robbie,

I thought I had posted before, then found I hadn't. :oops: Got my password sorted, (forgot it) and I'm now good-to-go. :grin:

Hopefully here, I won't get people telling me that because I haven't jumped out of an aeroplane without a parachute, I'm not in a position to discuss whether one should be worn or not. :roll:

Hope you are well mate. Nice site. :thup:

Baldie
Trade Member
Trade Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Andy.I » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:30 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:

Kev.

There is no reason at all for not being able to use email as a means of communication. They should be using a spam trap, and also have an email generator which doesn't display their email address (so the email address can't be picked up automatically and included in spam lists). The email generator includes a codeword which the user can't see, but which allows the mail to drop through the spam trap and guarantees that it comes through without being hidden in a load of spam.

It's so easy to rectify, and the problems are a matter of ignorance rather than bad service. However, the result is the same to the customer so they only have themselves to blame.
"Everything not invented by God is invented by an engineer." HRH Phil the Greek.
Andy.I
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Andy.I » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:36 pm

Hello Geoffrey

Where have you been hiding? :)
"Everything not invented by God is invented by an engineer." HRH Phil the Greek.
Andy.I
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Linegeist » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:07 pm

Hey Geof! Good to see you again!! :thup: Welcome...... :) :) :)
.........und die power wird mit dir sein.........

Feror cupidine partium interdum Europae vincendarum magnarum
I get this urge to conquer parts of Europe and, sometimes, large men
Linegeist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Punchsteve's neighbour ........ on glorious Anglesey!

Postby jcf1 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:36 pm

Interesting info as I was considering a new elite for my ruger :(
jcf1
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision