divine

NV add on

Don't buy cheap glass!

Re: NV add on

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:17 am

hungryrob wrote:
Buffy Vampire Slayer wrote:managed to blag a nite eye NS 200 for the weekend off one of my regular gun dealers :grin: :grin:
i only called in to see what he`d got in night vision and he`d just took this in part exchange for a air gun yesterday 8-)
hope the rain holds off tonight and i`ll stick it on the hummer for a couple of hours and see how it performs :idea:

Looking forward too seeing how you get on :)

After a year if your still using it ;)

i`ve not bought it,just trialing it to see if it`s any good 8-)
anyway it pissed it down and i do mean pissed it down so i went for a beer instead :grin: :grin:
you have to focus the camera into your cross hairs on each scope you have :thdn:
it was fine on the hummer as the posts and central cross hairs are quite defined but on the 250 the mult alm point ret is very fine and i could not focus it in beyond a blur :thup:
not had a shot yet,but if the rain stops i`ll get out and make some noise :grin: :grin:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: NV add on

Postby Cr4zy3y3s » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:51 am

Had a fair few budget Gen 1 nv add ons, the last one a Yukon i thought was ok but then my pulsar challenger Gs arrived and it smokes it. Forward reaching mounts are required in order to give a more comfortable shooting position. The ns200 does have issues,

. The screen is far to bright(users I know have put anti glare screens on it in order to reduce the brightness)
. The scope quality effects the image as with all addon that's rear mounted,
. If you are walking about the shoot be careful of all your cables.
. Aligning the camera to the Center of your scope can be a little teadius.
. Battery isn't light.
. Real time low light conditions means shooting range is drastically reduced.

For £400 you can pick up a brand new challenger Gs with DSA and a laser that will happily cope with the Hmr range all night.

My longest kill at night is 193yds width the rabbit taking the round through its head.

Most of my kills are 100yds + with it. If you can go up to gen2 or gen3 and if you win the lottery the new gen4 or even thermal images are amazing :)

Atvbr

Max...
If at 1st you don't succeed .... Use a Bigger Gun

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad26 ... 9-1615.jpg
Cr4zy3y3s
Rifleman
Rifleman

Previous

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision