divine

Good torch??

Don't buy cheap glass!

Re: Good torch??

Postby Viperteks » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:32 pm

rgs101 wrote:Anyone in the UK used DX.. I want to get the TM26 torch £199 at DX. Which is £100 cheaper than most uk suppliers

Just wondering if after import duties etc it's worth it?

Do you actually NEED that thing :shock: :shock: :shock:

Or are you ZOMBIE hunting, that's 3500 Lumens for Gods Sake!!!!!! :thup:

Dave
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby rgs101 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:08 pm

Viperteks wrote:
rgs101 wrote:Anyone in the UK used DX.. I want to get the TM26 torch £199 at DX. Which is £100 cheaper than most uk suppliers

Dave

yes.. and no... not so much just for shooting, as it would probably be used on a low power setting..

but for work where I need something that I can tripod mount and will provide high power working light - yes

and as there is only a small price difference between the TM15 and TM26 just aswell go for the bigger one
.243 Howa 1500
.17hmr browning t-bolt
.22 Ruger 10/22
.22 CZ 452
.22 Colt M4 OPS Carbine
.22 HW100 with pulsar N550
12g mossberg 500A pump
.410 hushpower
rgs101
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby gun nut » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Where do you put the CD's? :grin:
Deliveries from DX tend to take a few weeks but I have had several things from them that have missed customs duty for some reason.
A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range. - Paul Kirchner
A few acorns up the arse'd do 'em the world of good. It might even make them walk upright for a change. - Linegeist
gun nut
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby sirgoldalot » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:29 pm

I have some HS-801s for sale long range cree in red green blue and white not aspherical lens but deep smooth reflector... plenty good enough for all air rimfire ...even offer your money back if your not happy.. :thup: have some full kits too includes torch mount tail switch charger and batteries
Attachments
_DSC5404.JPG
sirgoldalot
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby sirgoldalot » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:03 am

you also won't get UK warranty as its not an official import...so0 if it goes wrong you have to send it back involves postage and dutys again...
sirgoldalot
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Rapid 7 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:53 pm

hi
theres a good selection on shootingtorches.com [url][
http://thetorchshop.co/shooting-torches.html
i have had a couple from these they do a small one about 4inch easily over 200m but it takes a 18650 rechargeable battery, another was the top of the shootingtorch page was a rechargeable with a really small square beam came as a full set for about £35 and they were really helpful when i contacted them.
Rapid 7

Postby Rapid 7 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Viperteks wrote:

Dave

hi
i used DX then a month later got a customs bill through with 20% plus and admin charge from the shipping company, so the £30 item ended up costing me £46 could have picked one up from the uk for £50 with a proper guarantee :?
Rapid 7

Postby Rapid 7 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:17 pm

Foxyfil wrote:Thanks guys
I noticed that all your kit featured the CREE LEDs, which I had heard of, but had done no research on.
After reading up on it, it would appear that they increase the light output by massive amounts on the same wattage.
All sound good.
Will carry on researching.

Hi
I think the brightest available cree is a xml-U2 led about 1300len but it gives of a larger beam than the smaller xre led
For a tighter narrow beam the best is a xre/Q5 led.
Rapid 7

Previous

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision