divine

Best lamp so far.

Don't buy cheap glass!

Best lamp so far.

Postby tisme » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:50 am

I have just got myself an Dereelight Night master 800.I bought it with the std white LED, a red LED and an IR LED. Over the last few days I've been playing about with it and at first I was a little disappointed when I saw the LED was the same as the one in a £25 touch. Then as dark came I tried it, WOW nothing like a cheep touch. The white beam was easy out to 300yrds + (that's as far as I can see in the fields here). Then I tried the red LED that also shone out to 300 yrds. Tony from Taclight says its the way they power the LED that counts, I don't know myself what he does but it works.

The next day we took the Red LED to a golf course where we keep the rabbits down, we also took the normal LF140. Although the LF140 is a flood light I have always used it to shoot with so turning the LF off and using the Nightmaster 800 was all new to me. The rabbits didn't run away at all with the red light on them and we could see them way past where we could shoot them with a rim fire. We could also see better and further with the nightmaster than we could with the LF with a red filter on.

Last night I put the IR LED into the Nightmaster and used the bracket supplied to fit it to my N550. Previously I have tried several IR or lasers and not been very impressed with them. I was very impressed with this one. I could see clearly to 400 yrds and see rabbits out to 300yrds (whole bodies not just eyes). I watched a fox (and recognized it as one, as we have loads of badgers here) at 350yrds.

Good points
Battery seems to last for hours.
Light and small.
Easy to fit
Distance it shines with colour and IR LEDs
Hasn't reflected off any scope we have put it on so far
Great service

Bad points
some people might not like the square light and you can focus it so its round but you loose distance.
No tool supplied to change LEDs
I now need to buy a N750.

I'm nothing to do with this company but over the moon with this lamp. Over the years I have tried loads and none come close. Taclight are also working on a flood light the same size, mountain rescue teams are testing it out instead of Dragon lamps. I can't wait
There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.
Stephen Hawking
tisme
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Best lamp so far.

Postby Stewartyg » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Sounds good do u mind me askin how much?
Stewartyg
Rifleman
Rifleman

Re: Best lamp so far.

Postby tisme » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:17 pm

I paid just over £200 for lamp, battries, 3 LEDs Mounts etc etc but they start at £119. Not sure if the mods mind a link, feel free to remove if you do http://www.taclight.co.uk/dereelight/night-master.html
There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.
Stephen Hawking
tisme
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Best lamp so far.

Postby Stewartyg » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:36 pm

That's not to bad if it's as good as you say-I've bought cheaper ones in the past and it's true you get wat you pay for probably spent near that in cheaper versions up to now!
Stewartyg
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby tisme » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:02 am

Anyone in the south east that would like to see it, you more than welcome to come and try.
Stephen Hawking
tisme
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby tolley » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:51 pm

just got one hope to test it out soon :grin:
tolley
Pea shooter
Pea shooter