divine

zeroing issues

Don't buy cheap glass!

zeroing issues

Postby sniper2011 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:02 pm

Zeroed my scope on my hw99 yesterday, scope is a 4x40 front parralax adjustable by nikko sterling, I had to use lots of upward adjustment on elevation turret to get it zeroed and when the parralax ring was moved up a gas popping noise was audible from the elevation turret, is this the nitrogen escaping? I've now wound the turret down and no noise now so I obviously used to much adjustment, would the best way be to shim my rear mount so that the scope can be zeroed without using excessive clicks?

Chris
AA/CZ S200 .177
AA TX200 .22
HW99s .22
Multiple HW45s
Webley Blackhawk XS .177
Webley Stingray XS .22
Co2 pistols

And now a Edgar brothers striker 1000 .22
sniper2011
Rifleman
Rifleman

Re: zeroing issues

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:51 pm

pieces of film 35 mm film negative cut to the size of the width of the scope ring :thup:
shim it with the elevation turret in the middle position ;)
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby sniper2011 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:06 pm

Used the plastic flat ends of my blood pressure medication packaging cut to size, has raised the poi slightly but not by much, shimmed rear mount, can't decide if it's the mounts that came with scope or slight barrel droop, the windage is still perfect surprisingly. Will give it a go next time at range and see if it has helped at all

Its Its just strange it makes a pop pop noise when the parralax adjustment is wound to its 300/infinite setting if the elevation turret is wound to its highest setting,
could the scope leak from the adjustment turrets?
Chris
AA/CZ S200 .177
AA TX200 .22
HW99s .22
Multiple HW45s
Webley Blackhawk XS .177
Webley Stingray XS .22
Co2 pistols

And now a Edgar brothers striker 1000 .22
sniper2011
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby hungryrob » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:21 pm

sniper2011 wrote:Used the plastic flat ends of my blood pressure medication packaging cut to size, has raised the poi slightly but not by much, shimmed rear mount, can't decide if it's the mounts that came with scope or slight barrel droop, the windage is still perfect surprisingly. Will give it a go next time at range and see if it has helped at all

Its Its just strange it makes a pop pop noise when the parralax adjustment is wound to its 300/infinite setting if the elevation turret is wound to its highest setting,
could the scope leak from the adjustment turrets?
Chris

Yes; it's the most likely spot for a leak in a cheap scope... Keep the receipt for after you're used it on a damp day :shock:
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby leadpig » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:19 pm

sniper2011 wrote:Zeroed my scope on my hw99 yesterday, scope is a 4x40 front parralax adjustable by nikko sterling, I had to use lots of upward adjustment on elevation turret to get it zeroed and when the parralax ring was moved up a gas popping noise was audible from the elevation turret, is this the nitrogen escaping? I've now wound the turret down and no noise now so I obviously used to much adjustment, would the best way be to shim my rear mount so that the scope can be zeroed without using excessive clicks?

Chris

take it back and get something else with a proven track record m8 ;)
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby nickhornet » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:31 pm

sounds perfect for shooting down hill :grin: :razz:
SIGILLUM MILITUM XPISTI

Soylent Green is people and eating your own brain does not hurt so i'm informed
nickhornet
Consul Master Hunter