divine

Recommendation for my .17hmr set up?

Don't buy cheap glass!

Re: Recommendation for my .17hmr set up?

Postby leadpig » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:39 pm

sirgoldalot wrote:30mm tube biggest bell end you can find lets more light in...myself mtc viper 56mm works nice lowest zoom at night...your not shooting long distance in the dark so it makes little difference

tube size is irelevent and only important for dialing,bigger the tube the more clicks ect
the human eye can only focus about 7mm of light,so if you had a 25mm and a 40 mm scope by the same manufacturer with the same mag ect the light would be the same.
it is the objective end that gathers light
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Recommendation for my .17hmr set up?

Postby 1in9 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:49 pm

You can get a second hand Leupold on eBay for that sort of money. Excellent build quality with a lifetime guarantee, significantly better optically than a new Hawke, Bushnell or similar in the same price range.

I would go for as higher mag as you can get, .17HMR is all about precision at 100m. A Leupold 4.5-14 or 6.5-20 x 50 (or x40) would be just the ticket.
The UK's biggest range of rifle magazines with FREE UK delivery http://riflemags.co.uk
1in9
Hunter
Hunter
Trade Member
Trade Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Previous

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision