divine

Thieving Scroats

Don't buy cheap glass!

Thieving Scroats

Postby crazyfrog » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:28 am

One of my permissions has some thieving Scroats who are systematically pinching all the spuds from the farmers field, I mentioned Trailcams to him and he will be purchasing a couple, because at the moment he is standing guard before first light, his wife is watching the field all day and I am doing my stint at last light and also a few hours into darkness. If he purchases a couple of trail cameras this will let him use them at other areas on the land as and when the spuds are harvested.

I explained about various cameras available, namely ones that show red IR, ones that have black IR and ones that will even text any photos taken direct to your mobile etc.

Can anyone recommend any model(s) that they have had personal use of etc.. Many thanks
Shotguns
Centre Fire
Rimfire
Air Rifles & Pistol

BASC Member
DSC1
NRA RCO, Fullbore, Smallbore, Gallery Rifle
crazyfrog
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Thieving Scroats

Postby plugg » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:05 am

You realise this will is just be a O+R mission Gary, dont you?
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby crazyfrog » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Phil, I am doing as much time on the ground as I can, but the farmer is inherently suspicious of everyone and anyone, he has just about came to trusting me now... He was out a few days back before first light, he nipped back to the farm (about 300 yards away) for a cup of tea at about 9am, he was away 30 minutes and they had been at it again, the problem is that the bottom of the tatties has a woodline within 20 yards of it.. The question about the trail cam was to point him in the right direction for a couple of decent ones instead of him putting money out for rubbish. Once the spuds are up in a couple of weeks he will move them. I suggested the black IR to him so that they are invisible at night and also the ones that will text the picture to his phone as it's taken, that way if he gets any of them robbed then he will hopefully still get a photo of them etc...... Plod say they want to prosecute as they have been out numerous times without catching up with the thieves...
Shotguns
Centre Fire
Rimfire
Air Rifles & Pistol

BASC Member
DSC1
crazyfrog
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:26 pm

O+R = Observe and Report.

You cant get involved with the thieving scumbags carrying a shooter mate. They (invariably) will turn up with more than one and if they make an accusation against you ie they were held at gunpoint you will go sing sing.

Be careful mate :thup:
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby crazyfrog » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:47 pm

Not a issue, if they turn up anytime I am watching over the area, I am cammo'd up and couched in, I will just phone up to the farm, the farmer will phone the boys in Blue and let them deal with it... Not losing my ticket or liberty for anyone..

:thup:
Shotguns
Centre Fire
Rimfire
Air Rifles & Pistol

BASC Member
DSC1
crazyfrog
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby sirgoldalot » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:44 pm

wild boar in scotland? ;)
sirgoldalot
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby whittazz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:42 pm

Buy a good spud gun, that way if you catch em you have plenty of ammo :-) they retail at about £0.99p I believe
Browning b25A1-12g
Browning T-Bolt - 17hmr - Bushnschnell
Puma Hunter - 22lr- Bushschnell
Remington 700 - 223- Zeiss
P17 - 7.62- -Bushschnell
whittazz
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision