divine

Nite Site NS50

Don't buy cheap glass!

Nite Site NS50

Postby 247sniper » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:08 pm

Anybody got one use one etc as im looking at getting one, are they really as good as they say they are? Want to put it on a air rifle for a spot of rat shooting etc and a bit or night rabbits with the .22 rimmy?

Any thoughts or advise view guys?

Steve. :thup:
247sniper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Nite Site NS50

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:14 pm

I tried one but didn`t like it and it lights up your face for all to see :thdn:
I think mathspete has one and he like his,give him a PM :idea:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby 247sniper » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Buffy Vampire Slayer wrote:I tried one but didn`t like it and it lights up your face for all to see :thdn:
I think mathspete has one and he like his,give him a PM :idea:

The new ones come with a monitor filter to stop your face lighting up with the glare, so thats that now sorted.

What didnt you like about it?
247sniper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:50 am

too fiddly to set up and wires all over the shop.
and I didn't like the head off cheekpiece shooting position,it just felt weird :thdn:
and the focusing set up on the camera was crap.
you've got to keep taking off till you find the right focus :turd:
but I suppose that would be ok if you were keeping to one gun or the same scope model on different guns
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby huntersvermin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:48 pm

I have one and i love it. Takes a bit of getting used to it initially but once you get a comfortable shooting hold theres no holding you back. I have had cracking success shooting rabbits in pitch black conditions. I use a shooting stick to rest the rifle on so i have a 360 sweep around which takes the strain off your arms and it works a treat. I also have the filter on the screen and with my camo face veil cuts the glare right down.the unit has four different brightness settings this helps as well.mines has the old type battery which i put in a small rucksack and i feed the wire up over my shoulder thru the strap and on to the unit. This works well for me but i am going to get the lithium ion battery pack ( £10 from flea bay) which i will fit to the stock to cut down on weight.i'm glad i got mine now though i did get it on field test from my rfd before i bought it which helped me make my decision to buy it and i only paid £250 for it cos it was a display model. Ask your gunshop if he has one you can try before you buy you never know mate.
huntersvermin
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby 247sniper » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:08 am

huntersvermin wrote:I have one and i love it. Takes a bit of getting used to it initially but once you get a comfortable shooting hold theres no holding you back. I have had cracking success shooting rabbits in pitch black conditions. I use a shooting stick to rest the rifle on so i have a 360 sweep around which takes the strain off your arms and it works a treat. I also have the filter on the screen and with my camo face veil cuts the glare right down.the unit has four different brightness settings this helps as well.mines has the old type battery which i put in a small rucksack and i feed the wire up over my shoulder thru the strap and on to the unit. This works well for me but i am going to get the lithium ion battery pack ( £10 from flea bay) which i will fit to the stock to cut down on weight.i'm glad i got mine now though i did get it on field test from my rfd before i bought it which helped me make my decision to buy it and i only paid £250 for it cos it was a display model. Ask your gunshop if he has one you can try before you buy you never know mate.

Thanks for the feed back mate, I have purchesed a Nite Site, so should be all systems go in a few days time when it arrives. :grin:

Cheers guys.

Steve :thup:
247sniper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:14 pm

may have to borrow that steve :grin: ,i was toying with the idea of getting a dedicated yukon photon scope as you can use it day or night,but its getting mixed reviews :hmm:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby 247sniper » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:15 pm

leadpig wrote:may have to borrow that steve :grin: ,i was toying with the idea of getting a dedicated yukon photon scope as you can use it day or night,but its getting mixed reviews :hmm:

I went for the nite site because you can fit or remove it in only a few minutes. Day or night set up in only a couple of minutes. Easy and does the job very well :grin:
247sniper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision