divine

Has anyone got good clear video through the WDV700 recently

Don't buy cheap glass!

Has anyone got good clear video through the WDV700 recently

Postby cohannon » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Hi Guys ... I thought Clive's videos were fine given varying quality when recording through a MPR but I've just seen on YouTube footage from three years ago taken through the original prototype "Lardy Vision" before Clive bought the rights. The original footage is stunning especially the fox kill at over 160 yards. I would have expected to see as good or better by now through the refined WDV700 or am I missing something?

Surely some of our techy brethern have top quality footage that we could all enjoy while I wait patiently for Clive to ship my Wdv700 :roll:
cohannon

Re: Has anyone got good clear video through the WDV700 recen

Postby cohannon » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:21 pm

Nice effort Tedster but the point I am trying to make is where is the top quality video footage through the WDV700?

Surely a professionally run business would want to promote it's product in the best light, no pun intended. So if it required, a bank of Bosch illuminators and sophisticated through the lens camera equipment could be used to produce quality video, no harm done unless false claims were made as to level of said illumination and recording. The constant claims that video quality on recorded videos is not representative of actual view through the lens of a unit is ok for us lesser mortals but is it ok for a professional business promoting it's wares?

I have seen Darren Rodgers of Lardy Vision fame castigated if not castrated on other forums for "cheating" with the videos of the prototype which evolved into the WDV700 due to his use of superior illumination and recording equipment. Darren's videos from three years ago were stunning and as a retired business person I feel that is what is missing today. Combine that with intermittent customer service issues and we arrive at the present situation. I have no axe to grind with Clive, quite the opposite in fact, but I am disappointed with the present state of affairs. Rant over time for a nightcap ;)
cohannon

Re: Has anyone got good clear video through the WDV700 recen

Postby cohannon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:52 pm

Good one; but thee and I don't have to spend a penny to enjoy professional video footage seen through any of the best commercial NV units. My point is that Darren could upload top quality footage three years ago through his Lardy Vision prototype and nobody has equalled it since through the Wardy 700. I know because I have trawled through every available video clip at least twice while I wait for my WDV 700 to be delivered.

Check out https://www.youtube.com/user/lordlardofframs
cohannon

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision