divine

MTC new EVX range

Don't buy cheap glass!

MTC new EVX range

Postby Verminhunter71 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:04 pm

Does anybody know which type of reticle are in the new EVX range scopes and if they have retained the Christmas tree type reticle? Thanks
Verminhunter71

Re: MTC new EVX range

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:19 am

Verminhunter71 wrote:Does anybody know which type of reticle are in the new EVX range scopes and if they have retained the Christmas tree type reticle? Thanks

by "Christmas tree" I assume you mean the SCB ret (small calibre ballistic)
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Verminhunter71 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:56 pm

Yes, to be technical. Do you know or not?
Verminhunter71

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:03 am

Verminhunter71 wrote:Yes, to be technical. Do you know or not?

MTC’s new Reticles

December 9, 2015 / admin / Comments Offon MTC’s new Reticles

The Optisan MTC Viper is soon to be replaced with the new EVX series. One of the main changes is a revised reticle.

The outgoing SCB (Small Calibre Ballistic) reticle was designed by MTC 8 years ago to address the shortfalls of existing Mil and duplex reticules – the standard at the time. SCB seemed to give the answer for air gunners and rimfire shooters alike, while being at least as good as existing reticules. One shortcoming was on higher calibre rifles, where bullet drop can be considerable, yet, because of the weight of the bullet, accuracy is still acceptable; not really the case with air or small bore rifles. For this reason the AMD (advanced mil dot) reticule was developed by MTC and the later SCB2 (found in the Connect series) which addressed the lack of aiming points on the original SCB design.

Optisan have created a new reticule design, and for EVX series they have announced the new MH10 and MH16.

The MH10 essentially combines SCB and AMD reticles, with one or two tweaks to improve the sight picture. The SCB lines were on the thick side, and did tend to cover small impact holes behind the reticle. Optisan have also chosen to illuminate far more of the reticule. This is a ‘Marmite’ issue: not everyone likes more illumination than is strictly necessary. This is because low-light shooting (when an illuminated reticule is needed) tends to be over shorter ranges, and a bright reticule can ‘bleach out’ the view of a target behind it. Optisan have countered this problem by using a multiple brightness setting with an ‘off’ setting between each level of illumination – making it very easy to switch the illumination off in a hurry.

The MH16 is similar to the MH10, but is specific to the First Focal Plain versions of the EVX. The MH16 is not illuminated, and consequently the designers saw fit to thicken the lines slightly.

DoubleRetLg
DoubleRetLg
MY BABIES
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Verminhunter71 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:33 pm

That's brilliant Buffey, now I'm getting somewhere in my quest to find out what the new upgraded reticle has in store. I'd still like to see what they look like as they are due out in January apparently. I've been doing a bit research on this type of reticle and our U.S cousins are years ahead of us with scopes and reticle such as Vortex, Kahles and horus in marking out El and windage points on the reticle which are designed to save time fiddling with turrets. The Vortex Razor HD ebr-2b is my dream scope, however has a price tag of $1700
Verminhunter71

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:55 am

Verminhunter71 wrote:That's brilliant Buffey, now I'm getting somewhere in my quest to find out what the new upgraded reticle has in store. I'd still like to see what they look like as they are due out in January apparently. I've been doing a bit research on this type of reticle and our U.S cousins are years ahead of us with scopes and reticle such as Vortex, Kahles and horus in marking out El and windage points on the reticle which are designed to save time fiddling with turrets. The Vortex Razor HD ebr-2b is my dream scope, however has a price tag of $1700

if you go on their website and type "EVX" into the search box all the info and the two types of new ret come up :thup:
I did try posting pictures of them on my post but the link was no good :Facepalm:
MY BABIES
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Verminhunter71 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:59 am

Once again thanks for the info and I had a look at the new reticle. I was a bit disappointed, it looks rather bare and similar to the Hawke Sidewinder SR pro reticle, lacking marking points close to the actual cross hairs making it a bit awkward to guess windage if your pellet strays in the wind a little etc. I was watching one of Teds Holdover you tube vids and he was using a Vortex Viper HS LR 6-24x50 FFP with XLR reticle very similar to the one in the Vortex Razor HD, at half the price but still expensive at £710. It is due to first focal plane scopes. Have you had any experience with these type of scopes and how do you rate them? Cheers
Verminhunter71

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision