Switch to full style
Don't buy cheap glass!
Write comments

Can't adjusted my scope high enough

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Bought a ruger 10/22 the other day with houge stock and target/varmint barrel but for some reason i have run out of adjustment on my scope and it is approx 2 inch below bullseye and cant adjust it any higher. Having done a quick google some suggest shimming but i'd like to think there is a more practical/permanent solution available?

Any advice could it be the mounts or something like that? Might I have to get a different scope?

Thanks in advance. :)

Re: Can't adjusted my scope high enough

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:51 am

http://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-serie ... cope-bases

This base adds 15 minutes of angle. Be sure to select the 15 minute of angle mount over the 0 minute of angle mount.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm

Shim it, done in seconds, add more or take some away if needed.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:58 am

don't shim it at the top of it's limit though,wind it back a turn or even better in the middle of its elevation range.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:03 am

Before shimming a scope, i'd be looking for the reason you have not enough adjustment.
1022 is likely to be barrel drooping in the action, I'd fix that before shimming the scope.
If it really cant be fixed then the only sensible option is rings with adjustable inserts.

Neil.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Ended up just buying a new scope and it works perfectly. The one I had on it was much less clear than the one I have now. :)

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:43 pm

Jack Ferguson wrote:Ended up just buying a new scope and it works perfectly. The one I had on it was much less clear than the one I have now. :)

Yep, that works too! :thumbs: :lol:

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:41 am

Hy From Where you bought this Night vision scope?

Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:40 pm

Im with Flinty on this one, buy a 15moa rail.

This will do the trick

https://www.brownells.co.uk/RUGER-10/22 ... COPE-MOUNT

Mike
Write comments