divine

Starlight Archer Night Vision

Don't buy cheap glass!

Re: Starlight Archer Night Vision

Postby TheSquire » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:04 pm

Have a look at Alana ecology.

Also great for the little plastic phials used by blackpowder shooters! Various sizes!
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target.........
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." General John Sedgwick
TheSquire
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby firepower » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:10 am

Rancid Badger wrote:I am probably being utterly stupid here (feel free to tell me), but does anyone make an NV scope which can also be used in daylight? ie: just turn off the image intensifier.

Alternatively, is anyone aware of an NV attachment (such as the Archer) which would fit onto the objective end of a normal scope?

Gen 2+ just under two grand ;)
http://www.deben.com/night-vision-rifle ... ystem.html
ATB
Mick
firepower
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby firepower » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:11 pm

I was at the game fair this weekend and saved myself from wasting two grand. Because the Deben one is front mounted apparently you can't really use the zoom on your scope over 5x. They don't :thdn: mention that in their blurb.
ATB
Mick
firepower
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Foxyfil » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Got my Archer.Fitted well on the bayonet fitting. Put the scope on the rifle, a Rem 700 in .204, and the bolt wouldn't come back because of the bayonet fitting. Worked well on my .243 Tikka, but the Rem has a high bolt lift.
Got a Weaver rail and mounted the scope as far as possible forward, and now the bolt misses the collar. Those Weaver rails really do place the scope forward,so the question of eye relief is eradicated, as theres now plenty of room. As a day scope now though, without the archer, You have to lean a long way forward, but its still doable.
The main problem between switching from day to night use is the reticle focus. In day, the reticle is focussed, but if you then want to switch it into archer mode atnight, you have to adjust the reticle focus to compensate, before putting the bayonet fitting on. Its not a matter of simply clipping the archer onto the scope after spotting with it.
I have worked out that to switch from day to night there is a 360 degree turn of the reticle focus ring. To be frank, it s a bit of a pain.
All this is acedemic as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what a B grade tube is like, but my D grade is penomenal.I can focus the unit when the scope is on 11X, which gives me a 22X night vision scope, and using the firefly laser makes the world light up again. Its like martian daylight!
Well pleased
Foxyfil

Postby whinfell » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:45 am

One of my mates has the longbow day/night scope, it is even better.
whinfell
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Foxyfil » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Probably limited to 10x mag tho isn't it?
Its between £4-5k, a bit expensive, and limited to 1 rifle at a time without total removal and rezeroing
Not flexible enough for me.
Can't generally use it off the rifle either
Foxyfil

Postby tomis3x » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Hello all
Who you can write more info about ARCHER monocular, I want to buy but want to get more info,how many meters it works?thanks
tomis3x

Postby TJC » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Anyone use a head-mounted NV aid on the left eye and something like an aimpoint on your rifle through the right eye ?
TJC
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby foxyfowler » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:28 am

Rancid Badger wrote:I am probably being utterly stupid here (feel free to tell me), but does anyone make an NV scope which can also be used in daylight? ie: just turn off the image intensifier.

Alternatively, is anyone aware of an NV attachment (such as the Archer) which would fit onto the objective end of a normal scope?

http://www.nvscopes.com/night%20vision% ... 20752.html
I have two of the above, one on 22 rimfire and one on Steyr ssg 22/250. dipol l3 laser on cf and led infra red on rf.
I average 170 foxes a year and lots of rabbits. With the dipol on it's good for 350 yds. Bit of a problem with the objective lens moving point of aim but it can be sorted quite easily. Don't use them much in day mode, but a useful feature to have.
Andy
foxyfowler

Previous

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision