divine

leica rangefinder

Don't buy cheap glass!

leica rangefinder

Postby Oaken » Sun May 17, 2009 4:28 pm

I have just got a second hand LRF900 after several years of thinking "can I justify the expense".
I am sure you have heard it all before but I now realise that this is one gadget that you simply "have to have". It has made me aware of just how bad my distance estimation is :roll:
Superb optics and very simple to use, I just pinged a (big) tree at 874yards and then 884yards on the fence that I know is 30feet behind it. I call that brutally accurate :thup:
If anyone else is "just considering one" and "not quite justifying one" then don’t mess about with the cheap stuff - go get yourself a Leica :grin:
Rup
Oaken
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: leica rangefinder

Postby varminter » Sun May 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Absolutely agree. I just bought a s/h Leica LRF1200 (thanks to Scotland Rifles here for acting as a v helpful go-between!) and it's a delight to use. It's my second rangefinder, so I know what you mean about not wasting money on el-cheapo items: I bought one of the first Bushnell Yardage Pros into the country, in 1996 or '97, and while it was the revelation you describe in terms of clarifying distances, after a very few years it packed up. And it didn't work so well as the Leica - which is very compact and ergonomic. Essential item especially for varminting at extended range.
Regards, Malcolm
varminter
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: leica rangefinder

Postby Rosemarieee » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:46 am

If you're looking for a rangefinder that will get the job done, this blog post https://rangefindereviews.com/military-laser-rangefinder/ is for you. I'll include information on Leica's and military laser rangefinders as well as some of their benefits and drawbacks. I hope this helps!
Rosemarieee

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision