divine

A scope for me

Don't buy cheap glass!

A scope for me

Postby PopGun » Thu May 28, 2009 12:58 pm

kevin, you are a man of great wisdom and style, I want to be a glassy man like you, should it be, leupold, burris or mtc? ;)
one would have thought, one would have found a better way to pass the time, in the middle of infinity
PopGun
Banned
Banned
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: A scope for me

Postby Linegeist » Thu May 28, 2009 1:39 pm

Parallaxed again perhaps? ;)
.........und die power wird mit dir sein.........

Feror cupidine partium interdum Europae vincendarum magnarum
I get this urge to conquer parts of Europe and, sometimes, large men
Linegeist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Punchsteve's neighbour ........ on glorious Anglesey!

Postby Beer Hunter » Thu May 28, 2009 1:52 pm

What is it going on?
What will you be shooting?
What ranges?
Day / night / both?
Dialling in or aiming off?
Budget?
New or S/H?

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Keef » Thu May 28, 2009 1:54 pm

Depends what you're putting the scope on and what range you intend to shoot at.

I liked the Burris Black Diamond that I had (a 4 to 16 x 50 with side focus) but it would only parallax and focus down to 50 yards.

I also have a Leupold 8 to 25 x 50 Long Range but again it won't adjust to airgun distances.

I believe it has been said here before that one of the Burris Fulfield range might serve well.

Some more background information will allow a better recommendation to you.
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby PopGun » Thu May 28, 2009 4:17 pm

they are all in big Rob's, dusty cardboard box, main use .22 -12lb air rifle,with the intention of hunting and target shooting, I am drawn to mtc, thanks for help :)
one would have thought, one would have found a better way to pass the time, in the middle of infinity
PopGun
Banned
Banned
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby rogerhoad » Thu May 28, 2009 4:23 pm

There is a Burris 4x12x32 on ebay at the moment that would probably suit. At the moment it is £99.00 with no bids.
rogerhoad
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Beer Hunter » Thu May 28, 2009 5:55 pm

PopGun wrote:they are all in big Rob's, dusty cardboard box, main use .22 -12lb air rifle,with the intention of hunting and target shooting, I am drawn to mtc, thanks for help :)

I think both the Leupold and Burris are parallaxed for centerfire ranges. The MTC might be the better buy..... but it is a big beast.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby The_Dogge » Fri May 29, 2009 11:40 am

Keef wrote:I liked the Burris Black Diamond that I had (a 4 to 16 x 50 with side focus) but it would only parallax and focus down to 50 yards.

I see they're well thought of on this forum, where can I actually get one? I cant even find a price online, they seem virtually unavailable in the UK. (I admit I'm lazy and I haven't actually called GMK and asked).

What do people think of the Bushnell Elite 6500? Do they have a long minimum focus range issue like the Burris/Leupold?
The_Dogge
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby hungryrob » Sat May 30, 2009 12:52 am

The_Dogge wrote:
Keef wrote:I liked the Burris Black Diamond that I had (a 4 to 16 x 50 with side focus) but it would only parallax and focus down to 50 yards.

I see they're well thought of on this forum, where can I actually get one? I cant even find a price online, they seem virtually unavailable in the UK. (I admit I'm lazy and I haven't actually called GMK and asked).

What do people think of the Bushnell Elite 6500? Do they have a long minimum focus range issue like the Burris/Leupold?

Jeff has got one for sale :thup:
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby Keef » Sat May 30, 2009 8:41 am

The_Dogge wrote:I see they're well thought of on this forum, where can I actually get one? I cant even find a price online, they seem virtually unavailable in the UK. (I admit I'm lazy and I haven't actually called GMK and asked).

I got mine when they were being brought in by Viking. I had to order it and it took six months to arrive in UK.

If you want one quickly you may have to import direct from the US. Try: http://www.dnrsports.com/acatalog/D___R_Catalog_Black_Diamond_Scopes_598.html
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby varminter » Sat May 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Keef wrote:...If you want one quickly you may have to import direct from the US. Try: http://www.dnrsports.com/acatalog/D___R_Catalog_Black_Diamond_Scopes_598.html

Thanks for that, Keef - a new supplier to me, so I checked their site and their prices on e.g. Nikon scopes beat Cabela's and Optics Planet. I just emailed them...
Re Burris I never owned one, but i've been reading good opinions of them for many years in US shooting publications. AFAIK they're still a good solid US brand - though I wouldn't guarantee it...
Regards, Malcolm
varminter
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Trex » Sat May 30, 2009 12:55 pm

Malcolm

I would be interested in thier response and if they will export etc. I need to be thinking about a new scope and had a top of line Nikon in mind to try for a while.

edit:
For International Orders: All optics are shipped by Express International so that tracking numbers can be provided. If you order by Priority International your order will be switched to Express International and your credit card will be charged accordingly.

Please note: The US State Department now requires a commerce license for shipping optics to certain countries. We will email the license form to you to fill out, once this is done, we then submit it to our state department for approval. Once the license has been approved, your optics will be shipped. This process takes anywhere from 2-3 weeks. You may email us to ask if your country requires this license.

We are not permitted to ship bullets, unprimed brass, primers, powder, gun cleaners or magazines outside of the continental United States.
Trex
Hunter
Hunter

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision