divine

yukon nvmt

Don't buy cheap glass!

yukon nvmt

Postby john.r » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:24 pm

iv recently baught myself the above addon unit for my air rifle it has a 80mw ilumminator with it whitch iv found dont light up as much as i thaught it would would i be best to just get a ir filter for my logun lamp or get another ilumminator or the third option is to go and buy an ir laser for it iv also had to swop my scopes around as iv found with my big scopes i couldent see the cross hairs due to the high mag has eany1 had the same problems if so how did you get around this eany advice would be helpfull
thanks john
a/a s410c custom
ags swat 4-16x56
hw mod
john.r
Musketeer
Musketeer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: yukon nvmt

Postby Velocette » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:26 pm

I've used add-on NV units for a couple of years now and find them perfectly adequate,,,providing you follow some basic guidlines. The choice of scope is important,and a list of the acceptable ones can be found on Satans Playground,,sorry,,,AGBBS,,,in the NV section. I use AGS Swat 4/16/56,,but the key point is that it has SIDE FOCUS which helps hugely by not having to reach to the front of the scope to constantly adjust the image when scanning. Secondly,,a Laser IR is indispensible as its the only way to get good illumination of the target from a Gen1 NV. Lastly,,try not to use much more than X6 magnification as you will start to lose image clarity,,even with a Laser IR.
Velocette
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: yukon nvmt

Postby john.r » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:51 pm

thanks for the advice i found out about the scopes the hard way im just glad i had a set off scopes with less mag on my other gun so it seems like the ir laser is my next step after my gun gets regged
john
a/a s410c custom
ags swat 4-16x56
hw mod
john.r
Musketeer
Musketeer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision