divine

Remington Model 37 Rangemaster magazine.

Items wanted
Forum rules
Trade with care!
Here are the rules for posting and trading in the sales and wanted sections – click me
Posting in the sales section is a confirmation that you have read and accepted the rules.

Remington Model 37 Rangemaster magazine.

Postby Les1066 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:26 pm

Does any body have a magazine for a Remington Model 37 Rangemaster that they can sell? I know it's a long shot - no pun intended - but don't ask, don't get! :)
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Remington Model 37 Rangemaster magazine.

Postby 1in9 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:54 pm

Possibly! As resident magazine geek who runs http://riflemags.co.uk I may have a fix.

I have some 6 round Remington 22lr magazines for historic models which might be worth a try.

Have PM'd you.

:)
The UK's biggest range of rifle magazines with FREE UK delivery http://riflemags.co.uk
1in9
Hunter
Hunter
Trade Member
Trade Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Les1066 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:35 am

Thanks Dom - I'll get a few pics across to you asap! :)
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:27 pm

As a stated in in another post I attended the Springfield Gun Show in Springfield, Massachusetts this past week end. There were a fair amount of serious gun collectors there from the Winchester Collector's Association. One fellow had a table full of early match 22 target rifles in the middle of which was a Remington Model 37. I ask about magazines and if he knew were available. He said that there were two styles, a single shot mono block magazine and the multiple shot magazine. He said if I could find one it would be in the $200 range and that they are as scarce as hens teeth. He also stated that the magazines were machined items not stamped out at all and that they were individually fitted to the rifle. He removed the magazine from the Model 37 and he's was right. It's no piece of stamped metal. It's finely machine, polished, and fitted. He said if I were luck enough to find one to be sure that it's not loaded with file marks where someone tried and failed to for it to his individual Model 37. There may be some blued over polished file marks from the factory fitting. The workmanship on the Model 37 was superb and that's what caused it to go out of production. Everything on the rifle was machined and finely fitted just as the magazine. The gun became to expensive for Remington to build and to buy. That's too bad. It's a very nice gun one of Remington's finest.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Les1066 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:38 pm

Yes, the rifle currently has the single shot 'magazine' and it is definitely well made. The rifle itself is superbly made, and is still extremely accurate, so my mate isn't that bothered about obtaining another magazine - he'll just use it as a target rifle, which is really what it was designed for in the first place I think. :thup: :)
Les1066
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Wanted