divine

Professional required. Fox shoot, Sheppard's bush, London.

If you need a shooter for a pest control problem, ask here.
This section is NOT to request land to shoot on.

Professional required. Fox shoot, Sheppard's bush, London.

Postby gibbo104 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:11 pm

Dear all, I am having some trouble with my current pest controller (not working the whole night but charging for the whole night) - I am from a commercial body that requires FULL overnight fox shoots (22:00 – 06:00 at £22.50 per hour / £180 per night) on our land in the Shepherds bush area.

You would need a gun that uses a projectile no larger than a .22
You would need to contact the local police force to inform them of the shoot and they will give you a CAD number
You would need to dispose of all foxes shot

I would give you a permit to work that would allow you to shoot on our property
I would give you a Risk Assessment that will be followed by you
I would pay you £180 per night of shooting – All monies paid will be paid into your bank account and you will need to provide an invoice (no cash in hand work)

I am looking for discretion as well. Shooting foxes may be the best immediate solution and completely legal but can cause negative press which is why I ask for discretion.

Ideally I am looking for someone relatively local to the Shepherds bush area as we do shoots (also of pigeons) but generally as a reactive measure and may ask people to come out on short notice (always night works)

I think that is everything – If you want to know more please reply to me or PM me.

Dear Moderators, I have posted an identical post in "General shooting topics" as I was not sure of the correct area to post in. Please delete the duplicate post where necessary.

Thank you,
Last edited by gibbo104 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gibbo104

Re: Professional required. Fox shoot, Sheppard's bush, Londo

Postby Buffy Vampire Slayer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:22 pm

shame i don't live closer :(
best of luck in filling the post :thup:
MY BABIES
HOWA 1500 .308 BOYDS THUMBHOLE/PREDATOR MOD
BROWNING A-BOLT ECLIPSE .22-250/A-TEC MAXIM MOD
WEIHRAUCH HW60 HMR/ PREDATOR MOD
.22 FAC MK2 RAPID/AWT MOD
BROWNING 525 O&U 12g
ZOLI COLUMBUS GOLD 0&U 12g
REMINGTON 1187 FAC SEMI AUTO 12g
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby gibbo104 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:53 pm

Buffy Vampire Slayer wrote:shame i don't live closer :(
best of luck in filling the post :thup:

Thank you - And yes, a shame you don't live closer. Hopefully someone on here would like the position.

Regards,
gibbo104

Postby mathspete » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Nice offer, best of luck, once again it's a bit far for me. :thup:
BSA Super meteor and tornado gas ram
AA S410 TDR, Weirauch 100, Rapid 12 FAC, 5 shotguns
Anschutz 1517 &1417, Ruger 10-22 22LR
CZ 550 22-250, CZ 452 17HMR
Sako L61 270, CZ 527 .204
Lee Enfield No 4, Mauser 7.92
Parker Hale 30-06
Ruger PR 338LM
mathspete
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Asher » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:27 pm

I'm about an hour and a half away, and my day job would probably make things tricky dependent on the frequency of shooting required.

I'll certainly speak to a couple of the guys I shoot with regularly here in Kent who may be interested, though: they tend to cover London.
Asher
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby gibbo104 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:29 pm

mathspete wrote:Nice offer, best of luck, once again it's a bit far for me. :thup:

That's a shame. I don't know how popular shooting is in London, what with it being such a built up area and all, but hopefully there is someone on this board that would like the work.

Thank you,
gibbo104

Postby gibbo104 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:37 pm

Asher wrote:I'm about an hour and a half away, and my day job would probably make things tricky dependent on the frequency of shooting required.

I'll certainly speak to a couple of the guys I shoot with regularly here in Kent who may be interested, though: they tend to cover London.

Hi there,

An hour and a half is a long way to go - especially if people have day jobs. Shepherds bush to Kent is a way to travel. If your guys would want to do it and they proved successful I would be willing to add in expenses for travel. Maybe upping the total compensation from £180 to £200 as the extra £20 should cover diesel to Kent and back.

Ideally I would still like someone West London based.

Thank you,
Last edited by gibbo104 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gibbo104

Postby Shootist » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:57 pm

This is a remarkable opportunity for a keen shooter. I'm a little bit concerned, though, that such a good offer is coming from someone who doesn't know how to spell 'Shepherds' Bush, especially when they purport to own land there.

That aside, at that money, depending upon how many nights a week are required, that may well be worthwhile even from Derby, especially if there is somewhere to park, and two consecutive nights are available. Can you fill in any more details about what may be required?
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby gibbo104 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:27 am

Shootist wrote:This is a remarkable opportunity for a keen shooter. I'm a little bit concerned, though, that such a good offer is coming from someone who doesn't know how to spell 'Shepherds' Bush, especially when they purport to own land there.

That aside, at that money, depending upon how many nights a week are required, that may well be worthwhile even from Derby, especially if there is somewhere to park, and two consecutive nights are available. Can you fill in any more details about what may be required?

First - lol at the spelling troll, ok please accept my humble apologies for spelling Shepherds bush wrong...

With regards to number of nights a week - This would be an Ad-hoc arrangement, as mentioned before we do shoots on a reactive measure, not as a continued service. For example this week I am looking for a full week of shoots (Mon - Fri) but then it could be easily a couple of months before we do another shoot and then it may be pigeons as apposed to foxes

Yes there is secured parking.

Lastly, I may be calling my current guy up at 10am and asking him to do shoots that night which is why someone local is what I would like.

Thanks,
gibbo104

Postby micky007 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:20 pm

Please let me know if your interested
micky007

Postby sako 75 .243 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:26 pm

Gibbo

Have you found anyone yet?

Glenn.
sako 75 .243

Postby URX » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:40 pm

No one willing to give out bank details to get paid for this then?
One gun retubed, one built and another being built by http://www.ukgunworks.co.uk
URX
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Shootist » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:55 am

URX wrote:No one willing to give out bank details to get paid for this then?

A common worry that is not really important. I know someone who would never dream of using internet banking for fear of those details being passed around and yet she writes cheques, which contain all those very details, at the drop of a hat.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Shooter Wanted