divine

I have just taken delivery of one of these: ...

Ammunition reloading for centerfire or shotgun
Forum rules
Shooters using reloading info and load data in this forum do so at their own risk. Check all loads with printed, commercially available reloading manuals and NEVER exceed maximum powder weights. The board/forum accepts NO liability for accidents! Be careful!

I have just taken delivery of one of these: ...

Postby Cam » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:49 am

Cam
Hunter
Hunter

Re: I have just taken delivery of one of these: ...

Postby flintlok » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:38 pm

Cool. Have you used it very much yet and did it detect a significant amount of eccentric cases?
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Cam » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:18 pm

flintlok wrote:Cool. Have you used it very much yet and did it detect a significant amount of eccentric cases?

Hi FL (Happy New year)

Yes, I have used it on FL resized & neck turned Lapua cases and it seems that I am producing concentric cases. I have also tested the inside of the neck and I am getting less than .001 run-out

I need to find some "cooking" ammo and test.

Of course, the final test will be with the bullet seated. I will report back.
Cam
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Hornet 6 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:44 am

Cam wrote:
flintlok wrote:Cool. Have you used it very much yet and did it detect a significant amount of eccentric cases?

Hi FL (Happy New year)

Yes, I have used it on FL resized & neck turned Lapua cases and it seems that I am producing concentric cases. I have also tested the inside of the neck and I am getting less than .001 run-out

So if you perform your reloading with due care and attention, you will have just wasted a not insignificant amount of money :razz:

Neil. :)
Hornet 6
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Cam » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:07 am

Hornet 6 wrote:
Cam wrote:

Hi FL (Happy New year)

So if you perform your reloading with due care and attention, you will have just wasted a not insignificant amount of money :razz:

Hi Neil :)

What I mean by finding some cooking ammo was in order to compare carefully made ammo to not so carefully made stuff in order to appreciate the difference. :)
Cam
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Hornet 6 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:15 pm

Cam wrote:What I mean by finding some cooking ammo was in order to compare carefully made ammo to not so carefully made stuff in order to appreciate the difference. :)

Probably less than ⅛" at 100 yards :razz:

I have checked factory and home made ammo over the years, I can load more accurate ammo for the calibers I have had, but as far as concentricity goes, if the equipment used is in reasonable condition, and is set up properly then the runout will have a minimal affect. Well that is what I decided.
I actually had to work quite hard to make ammo that runs out enough to hurt anything, at least at normal hunting range.

Neil.
Hornet 6
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Cam » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:10 am

Hornet 6 wrote:
Cam wrote:What I mean by finding some cooking ammo was in order to compare carefully made ammo to not so carefully made stuff in order to appreciate the difference. :)

Probably less than ⅛" at 100 yards :razz:

I have checked factory and home made ammo over the years, I can load more accurate ammo for the calibers I have had, but as far as concentricity goes, if the equipment used is in reasonable condition, and is set up properly then the runout will have a minimal affect. Well that is what I decided.
I actually had to work quite hard to make ammo that runs out enough to hurt anything, at least at normal hunting range.

Neil.

I think you are right!

The guy (1066 on here) even advised me before I paid for it that the tool is only for confirming concentricity and once one has set up dies etc., it won't get used very often.

Having said that, I use my .308 for comps and knowing that the ammo is the best that I can make, gives me a greater amount of confidence. If shots don't go where I want, then it's down to me and the gun and not the ammo.

Cam
Cam
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Hornet 6 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:06 am

Cam wrote:
I think you are right!

The guy (1066 on here) even advised me before I paid for it that the tool is only for confirming concentricity and once one has set up dies etc., it won't get used very often.

Having said that, I use my .308 for comps and knowing that the ammo is the best that I can make, gives me a greater amount of confidence. If shots don't go where I want, then it's down to me and the gun and not the ammo.

Cam

All very true, but that means you have no excuses for not wining :razz:

Hornet 6
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Keef » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:09 pm

Hornet 6 wrote:All very true, but that means you have no excuses for not wining :razz:

He can blame his rifle. It's a Parker Hale and if it was two years older it would be muzzle loading! :grin: :grin:
Deleted by an Ex Mod
Keef
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Werrington Staffordshire (Supposedly Posh bit of Stoke On Trent)

Postby flintlok » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Keef wrote:
Hornet 6 wrote:All very true, but that means you have no excuses for not wining :razz:

He can blame his rifle. It's a Parker Hale and if it was two years older it would be muzzle loading! :grin: :grin:

I've shot Parker Hale muzzle loaders. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Reloading