divine

QuickLOAD - new version

Ammunition reloading for centerfire or shotgun
Forum rules
Shooters using reloading info and load data in this forum do so at their own risk. Check all loads with printed, commercially available reloading manuals and NEVER exceed maximum powder weights. The board/forum accepts NO liability for accidents! Be careful!

QuickLOAD - new version

Postby Beer Hunter » Thu May 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Guys,

For those using QuickLOAD, the latest update (V3.5) has now been released - Clicky.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Re: QuickLOAD - new version

Postby pisces » Mon May 25, 2009 12:33 pm

Kev,

Any idea what's new to V3.5 ?
pisces

Postby Beer Hunter » Mon May 25, 2009 2:00 pm

pisces wrote:Kev,

Any idea what's new to V3.5 ?

Minor bug fixes and the usual calibre, powder and bullet updates. QT Unlimited now contains radar drag data for most Lapua bullets.

3.5 enhances Vista compatibility by splitting the executable and user data and also now displays in a single window (but with the same appearance as before).

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Alycidon » Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 am

I assume it still comes through Julian the PES guy?.

Are the instructions any clearer?, I have a version on an old type disc and struggle with areas like building a case that is not shown, in my case 20BR. In the end I altered the dimentions on the 6BR case and used that. I could do with updating mine but am reluctant to send it to Germany in case thats the last I see of it, the german guy wants the old disc back before he sends out the new versions or at least he used to when I enquired some years ago.

A
Alycidon
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby rossco » Tue May 26, 2009 8:43 am

Kev,

I havnly just got Quickload (version 4.3) and have a few questions.

When you are creating a load, after putting in the usual calibre, bullet, powder etc. what do you look for in a good load?

I tend to put the charge up until it turns pink then back it down so it just goes into the yellow.

I then look at the % of powder burnt and the ballistic coefficient. I also look at the case filling %.

The reason I ask is that I was playing around with it yesterday and had powder burn of 100% with a ballistic coefficient of 36%, but only a 79% case fill.

Another powder with the same bullet gave me a 100% powder burn with a 32.7% ballistic coefficient but it had a 95% case fill.

Just wondered what you tend to look for in accurate loads.

I can't remember the exact figures but can post them tonight if you wanted to run them?

Cheers

Rossco
Precision Rifles of Scotland .260 Remington
rossco
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Beer Hunter » Tue May 26, 2009 10:23 am

Alycidon wrote:I assume it still comes through Julian the PES guy?.

Are the instructions any clearer?, I have a version on an old type disc and struggle with areas like building a case that is not shown, in my case 20BR. In the end I altered the dimentions on the 6BR case and used that. I could do with updating mine but am reluctant to send it to Germany in case thats the last I see of it, the german guy wants the old disc back before he sends out the new versions or at least he used to when I enquired some years ago.

A

I get my versions from the US - http://www.neconos.com/details3.htm
It used to be much cheaper, now only slightly.

If you are running a very old version, you will have to send off your disk. You should be able to send it to Julian rather than to Hartmut in Germany.

rossco wrote:Kev,

When you are creating a load, after putting in the usual calibre, bullet, powder etc. what do you look for in a good load?

I tend to put the charge up until it turns pink then back it down so it just goes into the yellow.

I then look at the % of powder burnt and the ballistic coefficient. I also look at the case filling %.

The reason I ask is that I was playing around with it yesterday and had powder burn of 100% with a ballistic coefficient of 36%, but only a 79% case fill.

Another powder with the same bullet gave me a 100% powder burn with a 32.7% ballistic coefficient but it had a 95% case fill.

I can't remember the exact figures but can post them tonight if you wanted to run them?

Cheers

Rossco

I'll do a little write up tonight with a screen capture on how I use it.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Mr. Gain » Tue May 26, 2009 10:48 am

Beer Hunter wrote:It used to be much cheaper, now only slightly.

Getting the update from the US is $14.95 plus $13 shipping. I'd be interested to know how this compares to what JMS charge.
Mr. Gain
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Beer Hunter » Tue May 26, 2009 11:38 am

Mr. Gain wrote:
Beer Hunter wrote:It used to be much cheaper, now only slightly.

Getting the update from the US is $14.95 plus $13 shipping. I'd be interested to know how this compares to what JMS charge.

For the updates I pay $14.95 + $21.00 pnp for a total of $35.95
I spoke to JMS and they don't know what is happening with the 3.5 update. Julian seems to think it is a return disk job and the US guys just post it out.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Mr. Gain » Tue May 26, 2009 12:05 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:For the updates I pay $14.95 + $21.00 pnp for a total of $35.95

Thanks Kev,
The prices I quoted were based on an e-mail from Neco I received yesterday:

Good day from California, The shipping for Quickload/Quicktarget update (which is a complete software program, unlike a simple CD) would be $13 US from our US office. (the govt just raised the rates. Again.)

The alternative for you is to purchase the updated program from the UK rep.: JMS Arms, Merrivale, London Road, Handcross, West Sussex, RH17 6BA, England. Phone: 01444 400126.

Thank you for your inquiry. I hope this information is helpful. NECO

If Julian at JMS doesn't have the update yet, I guess direct from Neco is the (only) way to go.

ATB
Mr. Gain
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Beer Hunter » Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm

The sod! I've been paying too much! :mad:

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby rossco » Tue May 26, 2009 4:28 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:
Alycidon wrote:I assume it still comes through Julian the PES guy?.

A

I get my versions from the US - http://www.neconos.com/details3.htm
It used to be much cheaper, now only slightly.

If you are running a very old version, you will have to send off your disk. You should be able to send it to Julian rather than to Hartmut in Germany.

rossco wrote:Kev,

Cheers

Rossco

I'll do a little write up tonight with a screen capture on how I use it.

Kev.

Cheers Kev, obviously I mean version 3.4 not 4.3!!

Ross
rossco
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby rossco » Wed May 27, 2009 9:29 am

Kev, I've been up all night waiting for your screen shot and write-up!! :oops:
rossco
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Beer Hunter » Wed May 27, 2009 9:34 am

rossco wrote:Kev, I've been up all night waiting for your screen shot and write-up!! :oops:

Sorry, I've got a cold and couldn't be bothered :(
Perhaps tonight. Perhaps not ;)

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby rossco » Wed May 27, 2009 9:48 am

Beer Hunter wrote:
rossco wrote:Kev, I've been up all night waiting for your screen shot and write-up!! :oops:

Sorry, I've got a cold and couldn't be bothered :(
Perhaps tonight. Perhaps not ;)

Kev.

OK mate, whenever you get a chance :thup:
rossco
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Alycidon » Wed May 27, 2009 11:38 pm

I did ask Julian about that and he said I had to send it direct to Germany, he also could not help on building a case, he gets a mate, Bruce I would think to do his. My version comes from maybe 2002 time, if I could work out how to copy it then it would be worth a risk.

Ideal loads pressure wise are just 'kissing the pink', so top of yellow band.

A
Alycidon
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Next

Return to Reloading