divine

Shotgun application and anxiety

Anything shotgun related

Re: Shotgun application and anxiety

Postby Viperteks » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Excellent news - good luck!

Dave
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby Jamie.cutter » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi all, hope you all had a great Christmas, got my SGC through today, best Christmas present ever!!!!
Jamie.cutter
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Viperteks » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Nice!!!! :thup: :thup:

Dave
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby shotgun sam » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:53 pm

great news time to spend the christmas money on some kit let us know what you buy.

Sam
mossberg 500
meteor mk2
ruger 12/22 stainless synthetic 22lr
cz 452 style 16 inch 22lr
tikka t3 lite stainless 223
308 howa 1500 varmint
CZ 455 22 Lr/17 Hmr
BSA Lightning XL (0.22)
Lanber Over and Under
Baikal mp153
AYA Cosmos 410
1917 BSA SMLE 303
shotgun sam
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Jamie.cutter » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:04 pm

I will do and thanks guys for all your help and information :)
Jamie.cutter
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby plugg » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Jamie.cutter wrote:Hi all, hope you all had a great Christmas, got my SGC through today, best Christmas present ever!!!!

plugg wrote:
Stop panicking man, you really are worrying over nothing. They have to prove that you are unsuitable and they cant do that on a whim or a hunch.

See, told you :razz: ;)

Well done :thup:
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Jamie.cutter » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:43 pm

You did plugg thanks mate
Jamie.cutter
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby boyscout1982 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:06 am

SO Jamie, what did you get?

I think everyone gets anxious when they are young and break up with their girlfriend or boyfriend. Best thing to do is hold yourself up and take it on the chin. You think now it was silly to react the way you did, but at the time it really hurt.

SGC are typically not much of a problem. The Law sees a section 2 shotgun to be somehow less lethal than a section 1 that just take a few extra carts. :? But there you go. The FEO actually needs a good reason to refuse you the right to own a shotgun.

If you were applying for a section 1 Firearms licence, however, the FEO can look at you funny and say,"Not this time,sonny" and reject your application. I was lucky that my local FEO is a lovely gentleman that applies common sense while still playing it by the book.

On the subject of self control. Owning firearms does seem to instil one with a sense of responsibility and you look at the world a little differently. I found that learning to shoot at a young age made me more mature than other children. It wasn't something to brag about, but instead something to feel proud of. That you are trusted with the responsibility of Firearms ownership should already fill you with pride.
You owe it to every other shooter to be an ambassador and show up the anti-gun nuts for what they are..mindless, gibbering sheep.
"The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown." - Walter Kovacs
boyscout1982
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Previous

Return to Shotguns