divine

revo shotguns

Anything shotgun related

revo shotguns

Postby YoungTrucker212 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi folks im im the middle of looking for a shotgun and im just wondering if anyone has used or owned a revo?

I was looking at buying the REVO Matrix MODB Camo SA costing £425.00 new or the Weatherby SA-08 Waterfowler costing £655.00 new.

If you or anyone you know has had or used either or the two i would love your opinion and advice on the matter.

Regards
Lee
User avatar
YoungTrucker212
Musketeer
Musketeer
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:28 pm
Location: Aberdeen. Scotland

Re: revo shotguns

Postby humperdingle » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:16 pm

They're very new on the market - Made in Turkey, like the Hatsans (somebody correct me if i'm wrong)

I've never tried a Revo, but owned three Hatsan semi autos (briefly).

Opinions vary from "THE BEST GUN EVER", to the more common "Pile of cheap :turd: "

I certainly had a variety of issues with the three I had, the only reason for owning so many being that I had to return two :grin:

I'd want to see one VERY closely, preferably use it first, take it apart and see what the innards are like.

And most importantly, search t'internet for reviews from users who have owned one for a while.
User avatar
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 8005
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:45 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: revo shotguns

Postby YoungTrucker212 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Yeah i just seen when looking back over them that they were only released August this year. oops.

The other shotgun i looked at was the Weatherby SA-08 Waterfowler anyone have any good or bad points on this??

Regards
Lee
User avatar
YoungTrucker212
Musketeer
Musketeer
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:28 pm
Location: Aberdeen. Scotland

Re: revo shotguns

Postby leadpig » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:07 pm

your firmly into the second hand beretta 300 series m8 with that money,there are far far better guns out there,there is a winchester super x2 on guntrader for £450 ;)
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .


Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
User avatar
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Trade Member
Trade Member
 
Posts: 10092
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:33 pm
Location: Isle of Man

Re: revo shotguns

Postby Cottontail killer » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:32 pm

I sold my browning gold fusion for £400 it was a year old and only had about 200 carts thru it. But at the end of the day if you can't hit shit with a gun it's not much good to you so make sure you shoot a few and buy what you can shoot and don't get to hung up on what it's called
I shoot more bullets than Topper Harley in hotshots part deux




Big Gun
Big Gun
Bigger Gun
Little Gun
Another Little Gun
Another Big Gun
2 More Little Guns
Another Little Gun
User avatar
Cottontail killer
Hunter
Hunter
 
Posts: 885
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:13 am
Location: Isle of man

Re: revo shotguns

Postby YoungTrucker212 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Pefrect guys i never thought a about buying a second hand gun was just going to go to my local dealer and buy one there.

Can you shoot before you buy? :?

Regards
Lee
User avatar
YoungTrucker212
Musketeer
Musketeer
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:28 pm
Location: Aberdeen. Scotland

Re: revo shotguns

Postby leadpig » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm

depends on the dealer
but your better of if you can :thup:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .


Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
User avatar
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Trade Member
Trade Member
 
Posts: 10092
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:33 pm
Location: Isle of Man

Re: revo shotguns

Postby normanb » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Just seen a trade advert for Revo guns . At the price they are being sold I would wait a while . See what the teething problems are as we have seen with the "Webley" range ,Hatstands and other low priced imports . There is a big glut of similar on the market at present and some that I have had the misfortune to see are not very well made .
normanb
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: North East /Durham/North Yorks

Re: revo shotguns

Postby YoungTrucker212 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:55 pm

normanb wrote:Just seen a trade advert for Revo guns . At the price they are being sold I would wait a while . See what the teething problems are as we have seen with the "Webley" range ,Hatstands and other low priced imports . There is a big glut of similar on the market at present and some that I have had the misfortune to see are not very well made .


Yeah thats what i was thinking im a great believer in you get what you pay for and when i seen the starting price for the revos i was quite taking back by it. I thought £250 was very cheap for a shotgun considering my bsa air rifle cost more and did wonder what the build quality was going to be like.

Im wanting a 5 shot either semi or pump but im not 100% sure what im looking for anyone have any ideas or opinions?
User avatar
YoungTrucker212
Musketeer
Musketeer
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:28 pm
Location: Aberdeen. Scotland

Re: revo shotguns

Postby humperdingle » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:58 pm

YoungTrucker212 wrote:
normanb wrote:Just seen a trade advert for Revo guns . At the price they are being sold I would wait a while . See what the teething problems are as we have seen with the "Webley" range ,Hatstands and other low priced imports . There is a big glut of similar on the market at present and some that I have had the misfortune to see are not very well made .


Yeah thats what i was thinking im a great believer in you get what you pay for and when i seen the starting price for the revos i was quite taking back by it. I thought £250 was very cheap for a shotgun considering my bsa air rifle cost more and did wonder what the build quality was going to be like.

Im wanting a 5 shot either semi or pump but im not 100% sure what im looking for anyone have any ideas or opinions?

Remington 870 pump... Stucane on here has a hardly used (Sect 1) for sale. Dunno how many shots - maybe 7+1.

I can pass you his details if you want?
User avatar
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 8005
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:45 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: revo shotguns

Postby YoungTrucker212 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:46 pm

humperdingle wrote:
YoungTrucker212 wrote:
normanb wrote:Just seen a trade advert for Revo guns . At the price they are being sold I would wait a while . See what the teething problems are as we have seen with the "Webley" range ,Hatstands and other low priced imports . There is a big glut of similar on the market at present and some that I have had the misfortune to see are not very well made .


Yeah thats what i was thinking im a great believer in you get what you pay for and when i seen the starting price for the revos i was quite taking back by it. I thought £250 was very cheap for a shotgun considering my bsa air rifle cost more and did wonder what the build quality was going to be like.

Im wanting a 5 shot either semi or pump but im not 100% sure what im looking for anyone have any ideas or opinions?

Remington 870 pump... Stucane on here has a hardly used (Sect 1) for sale. Dunno how many shots - maybe 7+1.

I can pass you his details if you want?



Yes please
User avatar
YoungTrucker212
Musketeer
Musketeer
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:28 pm
Location: Aberdeen. Scotland

Re: revo shotguns

Postby humperdingle » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:49 pm

PM sent :thup:
User avatar
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
 
Posts: 8005
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:45 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: revo shotguns

Postby YoungTrucker212 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:56 pm

humperdingle wrote:PM sent :thup:


Got it mate cheers. :thup:
User avatar
YoungTrucker212
Musketeer
Musketeer
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:28 pm
Location: Aberdeen. Scotland

Re: revo shotguns

Postby leadpig » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:03 am

anyone used one yet :?
thinking of getting one for practical,Revo Tactical Pump Action Shotgun,£270 ish for a fac pump seems good value :hmm:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .


Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
User avatar
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Trade Member
Trade Member
 
Posts: 10092
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:33 pm
Location: Isle of Man

Re: revo shotguns

Postby TNT » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:18 pm

leadpig wrote:anyone used one yet :?
thinking of getting one for practical,Revo Tactical Pump Action Shotgun,£270 ish for a fac pump seems good value :hmm:


I'm thinking it's getting closer to time to get one possibly june (ish) I'm interested what folks think of them, but my son really likes the look and the sights so a Revo tactical 7+1 it will probably be, later I can see a couple of section 2 options, but if we like the 7+1 then the 2+1 version is a possibility too.
TNT
Pea shooter
Pea shooter
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:38 am
Location: Plymouth

Next

Return to Shotguns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests