divine

Remington 1100 woes! Help needed!

Anything shotgun related

Re: Remington 1100 woes! Help needed!

Postby flintlok » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:52 pm

libensvolenspotens wrote:Unfortunately the crimp has to be certified by the proof house!
Post Hungerford ( A rather dark epsiode in our history) all semi auto & pump action shotguns were restricted to two rounds in the magazine. This had to be a permanaet modification and certified by the Proof house with marks & certification.
I had my Mossberg 500 gelded in this manner and the police still ask to see the certificate!
The only other option was to consider the shotgun as a Section 1 firearm which is a whole new ball game!

Taking out the crimp could mean opening a big can of worms!

Yeah. I understand and I only offering the info in the way as to how to mechanically correct the problem. Whatever proofing is necessary is another matter entirely. There is no way to correct the issue as the tube is crimped at both ends now. Without a follower installation the gun is junk. I would apply to have it as a Section 1 gun although it's tedious process it probably the cheapest way to go. Having said that I am not versed in the UK's gun laws so it's up to the somebody else to make that decision.
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Previous

Return to Shotguns