divine

laurona

Anything shotgun related

laurona

Postby smudge133 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:03 pm

I have a laurona 85ms super game 20b o/u ,single trigger, took it out for the first time today and found that after a few shots , the gun stopped firing the 2nd shot . anyone know whats happening with this as am not very clued up wi shotguns
:)
smudge133
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Re: laurona

Postby smudge133 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Since posting this , found out that if I use 24g cart in the top and 21g in the bottom it works fine , but 21g top and bottom is when i'm getting the problem .
smudge133
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Tommo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:01 am

Cant offer you any info on your specific gun, but I have a Laurona 12g side-by-side and it shoots any damn thing I feed it with. I have to say it's a 1960's vintage gun but still mice and tight and looks ok too. Weighs in at two ounces over 5lb so it's perfect for walking the fields with.

I'm wondering if the striker on your second barrel is running clear??
Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth...

NRA qualified RCO.. and all-round good egg :)
Tommo
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Ageing Manxman. Formerly of Southport, now back home in the Isle of Man

Postby gun nut » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:07 pm

From memory these use an inertia based system to reset to the second barrel. With such a light load there is a good chance the inertia block is not getting enough of a clout to reset to the second barrel. You may find it works fine with someone else using it as grip and body weight can all change things. The easiest solution is to use the heavier cartridges. It can be possible to lighten the spring that holds the inertia block but it is a bit fiddly.
A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range. - Paul Kirchner
A few acorns up the arse'd do 'em the world of good. It might even make them walk upright for a change. - Linegeist
gun nut
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby smudge133 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:13 pm

cheers , will give it a try .
smudge133
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Return to Shotguns