divine

Weaver T36

Don't buy cheap glass!

Weaver T36

Postby Dave 101 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:58 am

Hi, Does any one know of a stockist in the UK of the Weaver T 36 rifle scope , I have ordered one from the only UK stockist I can find I was told it would be 2 weeks and they would have it in that was 6 weeks ago and nothing . So looking for someone reliable . Thanks Dave
Dave 101
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Weaver T36

Postby Beer Hunter » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:31 am

Try optics warehouse - http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/prodde ... ?prod=WT36
Personally, I'd buy from the US. Optics warehouse want £375 +pnp, buy you can get it from the us for $400 + pnp + tax. That would work out at about £260 all in.

Alternatively, for the same price as your UK T36, from the US you could have a Bushnell 6500, Leupold VX-III, Meopta, IOR, etc... ;)

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Sam Vimes » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:43 pm

Weaver Optics have fairly recently been sold by Meade. It's only in the last few weeks or so that the optics have been added to what was the Weaver optics website. http://www.weaver-mounts.com/weaveroptics/index.html
Most of the available shop stocks of Weaver scopes were from prior to the sale. In some instances, mostly in the US, they were available heavily discounted as Meade sold off old stock. Most of the range, especially the expensive or specialized stuff, has been unavailable for a few months. Maybe now the sale has happened and the company website is again showing optics they will start to trickle through again. Sadly it does look like the Tactical range has disappeared. Happily for you the T series is still there. http://www.weaver-mounts.com/weaveroptics/RiflescopeList.html. I do wonder if availability of Weaver scopes in the UK will improve now there is a new owner. In the past it has been patchy at best. I've been lucky enough to pick up a T10 and a 3-9x40 Tactical over the years and they are excellent, particularly at the stupidly low prices that they seem to go for second hand! ;) :grin:
Fabricatum diem, pvnc!
Sam Vimes
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby pod » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:25 pm

Pretty unrelated to your original request, but I used to have a T36 for FT. It was superb :thup: - very consistent range finding, and the turret clicks were postitve and repeatable. The only downsides :thdn: were that it needed a close focus adapter to focus below 17 yards and that the ret was a little too fine - great for bench rest I should imagine but occasionally it got lost on an FT course. I had the 1/8 dot model.

I got mine from America about 3 years ago. Arrived in under a week!
pod
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Dave 101 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:46 pm

Thanks for the info guys ,
Optics warehouse was where I tried quoted £350.00 .

Bench rest was what I wanted it for , I have an Optimate 32x at the moment but was after something with better clarity .

I have had a look at a couple of US dealers but they wont export any thing which is to be attached to a firearm .

I will have a look at some the other scopes available here , by the time I get around to it again maybe the Weavers will be available .
Dave
Dave 101
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby jeff » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:24 am

The Optic Zone still ships internationally, and I've used them myself both here and when I was in the UK with no problems.

http://theopticzone.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=72

If anyone is after a target scope for a rimmy, and doesn't want to stretch to an EFR, I can also recommend the Weaver Grandslam 6-20x40 with the target dot ret too. Very impressed with it.
Jeff

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
jeff
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby thibben » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:39 pm

Thev Weavers a good scope for bench:

angledrhs.jpg

If Optics plannet cannot help try Bruno shooting supplies: http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/ ... =35WVCOMPT

they have them at $390.

Terry
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
thibben
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Dave 101 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:19 pm

At the moment Iam looking on the US ebay , Dave
Dave 101
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Dave 101 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:17 pm

good news I got one on the US eb@y for £202 including P+P , half the price for a new one here . This is in A1 condition , also been having a chat with the seller , so a good result . Dave
Dave 101
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision