divine

Brno 22lr mod 2. Trade in price???

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

Brno 22lr mod 2. Trade in price???

Postby cal5289 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Looking to get a 12b o/u this week. Have £600 to spend but considering taking the 22 with me to get some money off or get a more expensive one if that makes sense.

Its in good condition wood is clean and blueing is great, with a moderator, a 5shot metal mag and a tasco scope I think.
Obviously the shop won't give me the same as if I sell it privately. So any ideas what they might offer roughly or is it worth keeping it? I never really use it since I got the hmr though.
cal5289
Musketeer
Musketeer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Brno 22lr mod 2. Trade in price???

Postby leadpig » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:20 pm

anywhere from £50 to £200,but depends on the condition and the dealer :roll:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby cal5289 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:31 pm

That's what I was expecting. Its a pretty old one so I'm thinking th £50 mark is where it will be.
Thank you.
cal5289
Musketeer
Musketeer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby hungryrob » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Get it advertised on here.. You'll get £100 for it standing on your head!
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby Viperteks » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:15 pm

I have just payed £130 (Mod2) 1953 vintage for one with a scope from my local dealer. The Tasco scope is probably collectible in it's own right, more details/pictures please!

Defo sell it on here!

Dave
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby cal5289 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:47 pm

I have a feeling its a 56. Standard length barrel i belive. Parker hale mod. Metal work all seems great. Bolt seems nice and tight if thats a good thing. In comparison to my 06 cz hmr it is very similar condition. Only difference is the wood finish is abit duller and has a few marks mainly where the sling was previously fitted.
The tasco scope was from a friends air rifle and is fairly modern.
I did have an issue finding mounts for it as i belive the rail to be an old width. 18-19 mm if i remember. I ended up buying small adapter block things to make it to a more standard size.11mm i belive? It also made the scope around 11mm high which was handy as the front of the scope was fouling the original iron sight. Viperteks does yours have the same rail type?
I brought it before my hmr by around 8-9 months and probaly put 200-300 rounds through it and never ever had a problem with it. Seems very accurate.... More accurate than me anyway.
Ill shall get a few photos up but not at home at the moment.

If i were to sell it will i only need to inform police that i have as the same with a purchase (like shotgun)and then it goes back to a empty slot? I will probaly do a one for one in a few month for a 25-06 if it is the case. If not wat is the process when selling a firearm?
cal5289
Musketeer
Musketeer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Once a slot has been filled that is it...It dosnt revert to being an empty slot I'm afraid.
You will need a variation to acquire again even if it is for the same calibre that you have just disposed of.

HTH
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby mr smith » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:08 pm

plugg wrote:Once a slot has been filled that is it...It dosnt revert to being an empty slot I'm afraid.
You will need a variation to acquire again even if it is for the same calibre that you have just disposed of.

HTH

Which they will/should do for free if within 7 days of clearing the old slot.
Dundee rifle and pistol club
mr smith
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby cal5289 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:20 pm

Hmmm ok so if i sell it i can just inform them and leave it at that for a while and then put in a variation for .25-06 but i take it i wnt be able to do a one for one as the .22 will no longer be on my license. Seems like a weird one. What would i do if i still owned the .22 and did a variation to a 25-06?? Hand the .22 in?
cal5289
Musketeer
Musketeer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby mr smith » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:24 pm

cal5289 wrote:Hmmm ok so if i sell it i can just inform them and leave it at that for a while and then put in a variation for .25-06 but i take it i wnt be able to do a one for one as the .22 will no longer be on my license. Seems like a weird one. What would i do if i still owned the .22 and did a variation to a 25-06?? Hand the .22 in?

Tell them when you sell the .22 you want to keep the slot,which if done within 7 days they will do for free.Sometime after do a one for one for the .25-06.
mr smith
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby cal5289 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:40 pm

mr smith wrote:
cal5289 wrote:Hmmm ok so if i sell it i can just inform them and leave it at that for a while and then put in a variation for .25-06 but i take it i wnt be able to do a one for one as the .22 will no longer be on my license. Seems like a weird one. What would i do if i still owned the .22 and did a variation to a 25-06?? Hand the .22 in?

Tell them when you sell the .22 you want to keep the slot,which if done within 7 days they will do for free.Sometime after do a one for one for the .25-06.

Sounds like a plan.
Cheers
cal5289
Musketeer
Musketeer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby leadpig » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:06 pm

or if your sure you want the 25/06 put in the variation form for it with your fac,ie ask them to change the 22lr slot for 25/06 :thup:
that way your fac comes back with permission to buy/acquire a 25/06 already on it ;) :thup: :thup:
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Viperteks » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Yep mine has the older wide rail, so scope was fouling rear sight, but as I chopped the barrel to 16" for a mod I had the rear sight ground off too.

Superb old 'worky's' gun!

Dave!
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby mr smith » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:26 pm

[quote="leadpig"]or if your sure you want the 25/06 put in the variation form for it with your fac,ie ask them to change the 22lr slot for 25/06 :thup:
that way your fac comes back with permission to buy/acquire a 25/06 already on it ;) :thup: :thup:[/q

If you want it done for free you'll have to ask for a .22 slot and do a one for one later(the next week).Remember your not asking for anything like for like and they'll want to look into your use for a .25-06.
mr smith
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder