divine

KnifeCenter.com + DHL = thumbs up

KnifeCenter.com + DHL = thumbs up

Postby Yessir » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Sent on Tuesday 16th from the USA, arrived today on the 18th :thup: . Not bad for the IoM :grin: .

Thursday, October 18, 2012 Location Time
9) Delivered - Signed for by : ------- ------- 12:18

8) With delivery courier ISLE OF MAN - UK 09:40

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 Location Time
7) Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 19:40

6) Departed Facility in CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 06:22

5) Processed at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 05:28

4) Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 03:02

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 Location Time
3) Departed Facility in WASHINGTON - RONALD REAGAN NATIONAL - USA WASHINGTON - RONALD REAGAN NATIONAL, DC - USA 21:26

2) Processed at WASHINGTON - RONALD REAGAN NATIONAL - USA WASHINGTON - RONALD REAGAN NATIONAL, DC - USA 21:24

1) Shipment picked up WASHINGTON - RONALD REAGAN NATIONAL, DC - USA 16:19
Yessir
Hunter
Hunter

Re: KnifeCenter.com + DHL = thumbs up

Postby hungryrob » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:02 pm

I used to work for DHL in France; from an insiders point of view they were great
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby Yessir » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:08 am

Cool :thup: . I will be even more pleased if no customs bills turn up in the post :grin: . I'm guessing none will as there are totally no details on the box RE value/contents :hmm: .
Yessir
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Coldfinger » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:55 am

Rather than carry safety boot, helmet, and other PPE gear backwards and forwards when working at our overseas factories I used to send them in a box by DHL. My dirty gear went returned home from Seville via Hong Kong then London and then to Darlington.

I haven't been to Hong Kong but my trousers enjoyed the experience despite not seeing an authentic Chinese laundry.
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby red_mamba » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:13 am

Did you had to pay any import tax?
red_mamba
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Viperteks » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:03 am

Might be a VERY stupid question....

What KNIFE did you buy! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Dave
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby Yessir » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Not had to pay anything yet, red_mamba :thup: .

These Dave :grin: , a bit of a trial order... I'll see if DHL charge and if not I may go back for some other stuff ;) .

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/CRM161 ... SF-Big-Dog

viewtopic.php?f=178&t=23966

viewtopic.php?f=178&t=23958
Yessir
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Viperteks » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:45 pm

[url][url][/url][/url]
Yessir wrote:Not had to pay anything yet, red_mamba :thup: .

These Dave :grin: , a bit of a trial order... I'll see if DHL charge and if not I may go back for some other stuff ;) .

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/CRM161 ... SF-Big-Dog

viewtopic.php?f=178&t=23966

viewtopic.php?f=178&t=23958

Nice

Similar to my old one

Appleseed Damascus Blade, Titanium Handle - Custom Built by Mike Lamprey

Use 'Ctrl' and the 'minus' button to zoom out on pic!

More Pics Here

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/ ... 0Damascus/

Dave
Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat !
Viperteks
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter

Postby leadpig » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Yessir wrote:Cool :thup: . I will be even more pleased if no customs bills turn up in the post :grin: . I'm guessing none will as there are totally no details on the box RE value/contents :hmm: .

you do realize that they DO have your address,and CAN bill you for it within the next three years ;)
you have escaped nowt yet old chum ;)
Sidebyside wrote:Leadpig is probably right,( though I hate to admit that :mad: ;) ) .

Fenrir wrote:It is often better to let people think you are a bit simple rather than removing all doubt.
leadpig
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Yessir » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:23 pm

leadpig wrote:
Yessir wrote:Cool :thup: . I will be even more pleased if no customs bills turn up in the post :grin: . I'm guessing none will as there are totally no details on the box RE value/contents :hmm: .

you do realize that they DO have your address,and CAN bill you for it within the next three years ;)

Yep as I say I will be even more pleased if none do :grin: , we'll see... three years might be the legal maximum amount of time but I highly doubt they would wait that long before even asking for their money :shock: .
Yessir
Hunter
Hunter

Postby red_mamba » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Yessir wrote:
leadpig wrote:

Yep as I say I will be even more pleased if none do :grin: , we'll see... three years might be the legal maximum amount of time but I highly doubt they would wait that long before even asking for their money :shock: .

So in this case it makes sense to make one larger order, when I put everything in the cart it spits out 140£ :grin:

There is the option of prepaying the customs charges. It that a vise thing to do or should I leave it and wait for the UK customs to send me the bill?

David
red_mamba
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby Yessir » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:10 pm

red_mamba wrote:
Yessir wrote:
leadpig wrote:

So in this case it makes sense to make one larger order, when I put everything in the cart it spits out 140£ :grin:

There is the option of prepaying the customs charges. It that a vise thing to do or should I leave it and wait for the UK customs to send me the bill?

David

There is always the chance you won't get charged ;) , so unless you can't be bothered with the possible wait/hassle of paying a bill then pre-pay it. Its up to you, I wasn't in a rush to get my knives so I didn't bother. Because sometimes they won't release the package until you pay, other times the bill will arrive a few weeks after you get the package.

I wouldn't bother :) .
Yessir
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Yessir » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:05 pm

:thdn: Bugger, nearly a month later and they want £26 . Fecking carriers always get you charged but I've lost count of the times Parcelforce/USPS have got my stuff though with no charges...
Yessir
Hunter
Hunter

Return to Knives, axes, other cutting tools and sharpening