divine

1MOA, is that all?

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

1MOA, is that all?

Postby Guesty » Tue May 06, 2008 8:01 pm

I have yet to see a centrefire rifle that won't hold 1MOA at 100 yards with ammo that it likes.
Does anyone have one or even know of one that won't?
Even my rimfires will do the above in perfect conditions.
Guesty
Musketeer
Musketeer

Re: 1MOA, is that all?

Postby Beer Hunter » Tue May 06, 2008 8:39 pm

Yep, I had an old Tikka in .243 that struggled to hold 2 MOA.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Guesty » Tue May 06, 2008 9:22 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:Yep, I had an old Tikka in .243 that struggled to hold 2 MOA.

Kev.

I know that you are a thorough chap and would have tried everything to get it shooting well. Do you think the rifle was worn out, or faulty in some way, or just plain old inaccurate?
Perhaps modern engineering and manufacturing techniques have made inaccuracy and inconsistency rarer?
Guesty
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Beer Hunter » Tue May 06, 2008 10:07 pm

Guesty wrote:I know that you are a thorough chap and would have tried everything to get it shooting well. Do you think the rifle was worn out, or faulty in some way, or just plain old inaccurate?
Perhaps modern engineering and manufacturing techniques have made inaccuracy and inconsistency rarer?

To be honest, I've no idea.
The rifle was pretty tatty when I bought it and can only assume it was more than well used.
It was my first centerfire and only had it 3 years before it was sold. At the time, I wouldn't have known how to troubleshoot it and I wasn't reloading.

To be fair, it took its share of roe and fox, so 2 moa was enough. After all, we ain't shooting bluebottles :)

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder