divine

Airgun Dealer In Fife

Anything air rifle related

Airgun Dealer In Fife

Postby plugg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:40 pm

Gentlemen,

I thought id post this and let the air gun shooters amongst us know.

A few months ago I took a young lad out on a permission with me to shoot rabbits with his dads old (but quite recently (at that time) purchased) BSA. After making sure the young lad knew which end the pellet was going to leave from and that he could actually cock the rifle I asked him where his dad got the rifle from to which he replied "Aladins Cave" in Leslie near Glenrothes.

The following weekend I took a drive through to Leslie and sure enough the shop owner did sell airguns...I did say did...however...due to the VCRA he had to apply for his RFD...he still stocked dive bottles and other airgun paraphenalia but was waiting on his RFD ticket. A couple of weeks later I took another drive through...his RFD had been accepted and he was in the process of upgrading the shops existing security arrangements. Ive not been back since but he did tell me he was planning on stocking Air Arms, BSA and im sure he said Weireuch air guns as well as second hand guns...im not sure if he planned on FAC airguns or sub 12ft/lbs or both. I think ill nip down at this weekend and have a look...ill post my findings...watch this space. :) :?:

Phil
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Airgun Dealer In Fife

Postby hungryrob » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:44 pm

It's about time; he dealt in complete crap before though but did have a great stock of it :D

Any new gunshop is a good move; competition is a good thing.. and he's close to me.

Rumour has it there might be a small outpost opening in Newburgh following the closure of Ramsay and Waters in Perth. THAT would be truly great!!!!
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby Photoguy2910 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:49 pm

Might take a spin through Leslie tomorrow between jobs, just for a look at what he has. Where in Leslie is it (only been there a few times).

Could do with a gun shop in Dunfermlike too, used to have a couple but both closed a few years ago.
Photoguy2910
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:08 pm

He is on the main street...im trying to give you a landmark that would be easily recognisable to you but I cant really think of one other than the tattoo shop on the (long) corner as if heading to Milnathort/Kinross/Scotlandwell and head back into Leslie. The shop front is painted green and it looks like a general bric-a-brac shop from the road...is there not a shop in Crossgates ??
Photoguy2910 wrote:Might take a spin through Leslie tomorrow between jobs, just for a look at what he has. Where in Leslie is it (only been there a few times).

Could do with a gun shop in Dunfermlike too, used to have a couple but both closed a few years ago.
Linegeist wrote:Basically by being a leftie dickhead with the principles and backbone of a week-old kipper
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby mr smith » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:11 pm

...is there not a shop in Crossgates

There was a few years ago anyway i bought a 7.62 mauser 98k from him.Was called target sports IIRC,think a airsoft supplier moved in last year or so as well.
Dundee rifle and pistol club
mr smith
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:15 pm

I have a mate in kelty who buys pellets from a shop in crossgates...id be guessing if i said it was an RFD or similar....
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby humperdingle » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:20 pm

The Crossgates shop was called "Target shooting supplies", which changed hands a few years back. It's now shut down, and they're trading from a unit in Lochgelly, but it's all airsoft stuff as they haven't set up their strongroom yet. (to be honest, I don't think they will)
Don't forget We're Game In St Clair street, Kirkcaldy. (Opposite Rejects) Some really good deals to be had in there.
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby mr smith » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:21 pm

Target Shooting Supplies
4, Main St, Crossgates, Cowdenbeath, Fife KY4 8AJ
Tel: 01383 610210

This is from yell.com
Dundee rifle and pistol club
mr smith
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:32 pm

mr smith wrote:Target Shooting Supplies
4, Main St, Crossgates, Cowdenbeath, Fife KY4 8AJ
Tel: 01383 610210

This is from yell.com

The name of the shop would suggest that they are indeed RFD's...what Humperdingle was saying though "airsoft" kind of sets it off as a damp squib...(i hope that makes sense ?) :?

Can anyone shed a definite light on this............target shooting supplies = real guns + real bullets ? or airsoft ?
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Bugger it..ill phone them tomorrow and ask if they stock pea shooters and cattys...or real guns and bullets :razz: :mrgreen:
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby humperdingle » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:38 pm

The place has ceased trading under the Target Shooting Supplies Banner - At least for now. The premises are up for let, so I'd imagine it's a permanent closure.

They gradually moved over to airsoft skirmishing in the old premises, and ran out of space for storage basically, so moved to an industrial unit.

They don't even sell bullets or cartridges from the new place.

As well as We're Game, there's Fife Field Sports who have also recently moved to behind the ASDA in Kirkcaldy.
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:46 pm

Im not a fan of "we're game"...for absolutly no reason whatsoever...i think it might be because the inside of the shop looks like an indoor grenade range :lol: ...the chap knows where all his stock is though.

I have (not recently) done a lot of business with John and Dick at Fife Field sports...its carberry place they moved too. I bought my 3 gun cabinet from them...before I had to withdraw my FAC application...its not wasted though...the reapplication goes back in end of June :mad: :evil:
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby humperdingle » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:52 pm

plugg649 wrote:Im not a fan of "we're game"...for absolutly no reason whatsoever...i think it might be because the inside of the shop looks like an indoor grenade range :lol: ...the chap knows where all his stock is though.

I have (not recently) done a lot of business with John and Dick at Fife Field sports...its carberry place they moved too. I bought my 3 gun cabinet from them...before I had to withdraw my FAC application...its not wasted though...the reapplication goes back in end of June :mad: :evil:

lol yeh it is a tip, but i've had some really cheap (but excellent) guns from him over the past couple of years.

Can be a bit offish with people he doesn't know (common trait with Firearms dealers), but he warms up lol.
humperdingle
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Photoguy2910 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:59 pm

Well, that gives me a bit to choose from, I love looking through gunshops :D
Photoguy2910
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby plugg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:09 pm

lol yeh it is a tip, but i've had some really cheap (but excellent) guns from him over the past couple of years.

Can be a bit offish with people he doesn't know (common trait with Firearms dealers), but he warms up lol.[/quote]

This has got absolutly bugger all to do with airguns but you mention really cheap (but excellent) guns from "we're game"...im on the look out for a cheap (£100-£200) shotgun and a good .22lr or .17HMR does he stock what im after or am i better looking elsewhere. I have to admit im a little tight fisted (im a student !) but still believe in you get what you pay for :oops: :neutral:
Last edited by plugg on Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plugg
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Next

Return to Airguns and FAC air