divine

Scope for left handed shooter and left eye domaint

Don't buy cheap glass!

Scope for left handed shooter and left eye domaint

Postby adam.macrae » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello there,

I am left handed shooter on small bore .22 however to make things worse I can only look down the iron sites with my left eye, so I need to look through a spotting scope with the same eye.

Can anyone recommend an angled yet able to rotate the body of the scope I can quickly look in to the scope without the need to changing my shooting position?

Ta.
adam.macrae

Re: Scope for left handed shooter and left eye domaint

Postby Lancs Lad » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:01 am

Adam;

2 x options spring to mind.

Either accept the fact that you will need to look through the scope with your left eye with a corresponding shift of body position each time OR ..... have a knowledgeable and dependable buddy scoping the target on your behalf and calling the shot for you. Wind coaches at Bisley do this all the time for their shooters and it seems to work out okay. Obviously, you will both need to work out a system which you both understand then practice it.

Best of luck :)
Lancs Lad
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Ray7756 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:43 am

The only way to avoid moving from the shooting position , whatever your eye dominance is, is to get someone else to spot for you
Cheers
Ray
Ray7756
Hunter
Hunter

Postby Shootist » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:18 pm

adam.macrae wrote:Hello there,
I am left handed shooter on small bore .22 however to make things worse I can only look down the iron sites with my left eye, so I need to look through a spotting scope with the same eye.

Right handed shooters look through Iron sights with their right eye. Next time you're at the range take a look at what they do with their scope and you can then do it the opposite side. Most scope stands can be adjusted to do that.

P.S. I'm left handed and when I use Iron sights, I use my left eye. It's quite common among left handed shooters.
If you don't have to give up your car because other people commit crimes in their cars, why should I have to give up my firearms because other people commit crimes with their firearms?
Shootist
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision