divine

Alfa revolver LBR or Westlake conversion

Rimfire, centerfire or black powder related topics

Alfa revolver LBR or Westlake conversion

Postby jack1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:54 pm

Thinking of a 38/357 Alfa and looking for opinions. Which is the most accurate over 25 mtres / yards the LBR or the Alan W conversion
Thanks
jack
jack1
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Re: Alfa revolver LBR or Westlake conversion

Postby Coldfinger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:46 pm

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0nLUWimnRM

I have a friend who has the shotgun primer conversion. He had a special offset pin made to knock out the primers. The video mentions problems with primer fit, he's seen that too.

For 25 yard/meter accuracy with a pistol you need to consider your grip, the pistol grips, your sights, your eyesight, your stance, the position of the pad of your trigger finger, direction of pull, follow through. The revolver over that distance is less important unless it fails to go off, the cylinder lock-up is garbage or the barrel is worn out (IMO, of course)

EDIT: er, and very important...... powder load, ball hardness and ball size in a muzzle loader too
"Bit of a Meldrew you, int'cha?" Linegeist

With my luck. if there was an award for most pessimistic man in the UK Id never get nominated....
wants sbs to lubricate his finger
Coldfinger
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby flintlok » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Coldfinger wrote:See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0nLUWimnRM

EDIT: er, and very important...... powder load, ball hardness and ball size in a muzzle loader too

Yeah, soft lead balls, old men's loads....... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
The faster I go, the older I get.

"I am with you Flintsy ." SidebySide

Flintlok, I think you're dead right....."The Dogge"

" when an American comes on the forum .....and then gets a bit upperty ..."

token yank
flintlok
Consul Master Hunter
Consul Master Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby jack1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Coldfinger wrote:See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0nLUWimnRM

I have a friend who has the shotgun primer conversion. He had a special offset pin made to knock out the primers. The video mentions problems with primer fit, he's seen that too.

For 25 yard/meter accuracy with a pistol you need to consider your grip, the pistol grips, your sights, your eyesight, your stance, the position of the pad of your trigger finger, direction of pull, follow through. The revolver over that distance is less important unless it fails to go off, the cylinder lock-up is garbage or the barrel is worn out (IMO, of course)

HI Thanks I know how to shoot a revolver been doing it for 30 years. My question was which of the two handguns give loading considerations was the most accurate
jack1
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Return to Rimfire, centerfire and black powder