divine

Shooting Buddy Teesside, NE, N or S Yorkshire Area

Need some help on an existing permission? Here's the place to ask!

Shooting Buddy Teesside, NE, N or S Yorkshire Area

Postby Longshanx » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:14 am

Hi Fellas,
Does anybody need a shooting buddy in the Teesside,NE, N or S Yorkshire Area?
Please get in touch and drop me a PM
Really need a hand getting some permission, totally swamped up here and struggling to get land.

Thanks in advance
Glenn
In regards to shooting safety, until you are ready to fire, "Keep your booger hook off the bang switch."
Longshanx
Musketeer
Musketeer

Re: Shooting Buddy Teesside, NE, N or S Yorkshire Area

Postby Stavross » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi, what I have noticed over my years doing this is that it is very hard to get permission on farm land if you don't know the owner of the land, if you go up to the house to see the owner they instantly think this is going to be a headache and also people tend to go with the reasoning that they are doing the farmer a favour this may well be the case but the farmer will not look at it like this as he will no doubt know a lot of people he can call on when the pigeons and rabbits are hammering his crop, one of the best tips I can give for getting permission is try small holdings, horse stables/livery yards ( these people also know a lot of farmers and can get you in through the back door so to speak) and golf courses, it's always good when you meet people that have permission and are willing to let you experience some different sides of shooting 9 times out of 10 this will not lead to permission as once you have it you look after it like one of your kids

All the best

Stav
Stavross
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Longshanx » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:42 am

Stavross wrote:Hi, what I have noticed over my years doing this is that it is very hard to get permission on farm land if you don't know the owner of the land, if you go up to the house to see the owner they instantly think this is going to be a headache and also people tend to go with the reasoning that they are doing the farmer a favour this may well be the case but the farmer will not look at it like this as he will no doubt know a lot of people he can call on when the pigeons and rabbits are hammering his crop, one of the best tips I can give for getting permission is try small holdings, horse stables/livery yards ( these people also know a lot of farmers and can get you in through the back door so to speak) and golf courses, it's always good when you meet people that have permission and are willing to let you experience some different sides of shooting 9 times out of 10 this will not lead to permission as once you have it you look after it like one of your kids

All the best

Stav

Thanks for the advice Stav, if you ever need a hand just let me know ;)
In regards to shooting safety, until you are ready to fire, "Keep your booger hook off the bang switch."
Longshanx
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Stavross » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:04 am

What shooting do you do, have you been doing it long, there is quite a bit of time that I’m out on a night on my own at the minute my shooting mate is lambing until about April, so depending on what sort of shooting you are into I may be able to give you a hand trying something new
Stavross
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Haggis » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:22 pm

I know of a syndicate around the Harrogate area. It's £400 a year to shoot rabbits and fox, a little extra for deer or pigeon days.
Haggis
Hunter
Hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Longshanx » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:03 am

Stavross wrote:What shooting do you do, have you been doing it long, there is quite a bit of time that I’m out on a night on my own at the minute my shooting mate is lambing until about April, so depending on what sort of shooting you are into I may be able to give you a hand trying something new

Hi Stav

Mostly after rabbits and pigeon, can only make a morning at the weekends due to work.

I haven’t got lots of experience but I do go up to Scotland on the odd occasion and shoot with my wifes uncle he is head game keeper. Done a bit of deer stalking, rabbiting and foxing along side him.

Regards
Glenn
Last edited by Longshanx on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Longshanx
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Longshanx » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:05 am

Haggis wrote:I know of a syndicate around the Harrogate area. It's £400 a year to shoot rabbits and fox, a little extra for deer or pigeon days.

Hi Haggis

Sounds good, have you any more info about the syndicate?
Please PM with any further info so I can look into it.

Regards
Glenn
Longshanx
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Stavross » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:13 am

I do go out a bit on a weekend depending on what I’m working, pigeons with the shotgun, most of what I do is shooting rabbits on a night, nothing late always home for half 10/11 sometimes do late ones after fox, I have some fields ten mins from Stockton which is always nice for a walk out for an hour
Stavross
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Longshanx » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:52 pm

Stavross wrote:I do go out a bit on a weekend depending on what I’m working, pigeons with the shotgun, most of what I do is shooting rabbits on a night, nothing late always home for half 10/11 sometimes do late ones after fox, I have some fields ten mins from Stockton which is always nice for a walk out for an hour

Half 10/11 sounds an ok time.
If I’m off and the Mrs is work on a weekend we don’t go anywhere so would be up for that.
Even up for staying out for the foxes.
Be good to get out and learn some new shooting tips :niceone:
Longshanx
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Stavross » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:45 pm

I’ll be going out for an hour or so a couple of nights this week, just local if you would like to tag along to see what it’s all about, if you are interested let me know and I’ll pm you maybe meet up before hand you can’t be far from me, Stockton’s not that big
Stavross
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Longshanx » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Stavross wrote:I’ll be going out for an hour or so a couple of nights this week, just local if you would like to tag along to see what it’s all about, if you are interested let me know and I’ll pm you maybe meet up before hand you can’t be far from me, Stockton’s not that big

I’m on call this week so never know when the phones going to ring :Facepalm: :mad:
Work getting in the way as usual!!
When I get home tonight I’ll pm you and try and plan a meet up one weekend if that’s ok?

Regards
Glenn
Longshanx
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Stavross » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:07 pm

That’s fine, that’s the problem I have spend more time sorting out who’s coming with me than getting out
Stavross
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Longshanx » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:37 pm

Stavross wrote:That’s fine, that’s the problem I have spend more time sorting out who’s coming with me than getting out

Lol!! At least your kind enough to offer Stav.

Not a lot of people do that!

Appreciate you taking the time out and offer to let me come along, will pm you as soon as I check the diary and plan a meet up :thup:
Longshanx
Musketeer
Musketeer

Postby Stavross » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:54 pm

Not a bother, there’s no harm in letting someone try something new, that’s how I started out with a day on the pigeons
Stavross
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby Longshanx » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Stavross wrote:Not a bother, there’s no harm in letting someone try something new, that’s how I started out with a day on the pigeons

Like they say everyone needs to start somewhere.

I’ll pm you in 2secs
Longshanx
Musketeer
Musketeer

Next

Return to Shooting buddy wanted