divine

mtc mamba

Don't buy cheap glass!

mtc mamba

Postby sapper063 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:04 am

mtc mamba going to zero it later today on my rimfire cant wait zeroing at 60yds mag on 16 hope this works :thup:
sapper063
Rifleman
Rifleman

Re: mtc mamba

Postby hungryrob » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:31 am

You won't be disappointed. I've just put an 8 -30 something (sorry; I'm sloshed) Viper on my .223 and it's brill :)

Claimed it's first fox tonight too (the scope, not the rifle).

Will post more on it when I get the time to really play with it :thup:
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby jamie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:06 pm

what crosshair have you got on your mamba rob. im thinking of getting one for my 22/250 the dot one is it the german 4a or something like that ?
jamie
Rifleman
Rifleman

Postby davo601 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:35 am

hungryrob wrote:You won't be disappointed. I've just put an 8 -30 something (sorry; I'm sloshed) Viper on my .223 and it's brill :)

Claimed it's first fox tonight too (the scope, not the rifle).

Will post more on it when I get the time to really play with it :thup:

So you were suitably impressed looking through the 6-24x56 viper on mine then!! Good scopes for the money, the only gripe i would have is, at the highest magnifications they tend to 'milk' out slightly (white'ish blurring round the viewable outside edges of the objective), apart from that I can't fault it, not had a look through a mamba yet.
davo601
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby davo601 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:14 pm

How you getting on with the new scope Robbie??
davo601
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby hungryrob » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:38 pm

I love it mate. I now your Nightforce is the dogs doodahs but if the MTC was badged Nightforce I'd still be happy...

I've been short of time to play with it properly but it's getting a good outing tomorrow afternoon. Will post a better report then :)
Brown trout fishing and accommodation in rural Perthshire; look at http://www.laighwood.co.uk
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby davo601 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:44 pm

Wish I could afford a Nightforce, it's a Nikon on the T3. ;)
Good scopes the MTC's not had any bother with the two I've got.
davo601
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby hungryrob » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:02 pm

davo601 wrote:Wish I could afford a Nightforce, it's a Nikon on the T3. ;)
Good scopes the MTC's not had any bother with the two I've got.

Sorry Mark; I see Davo and get you and Davo mixed up mate :oops:

Did you have a couple of bits left from a brooks trigger kit or am I confusing you again with someone else?

I'm looking for a thicker 'tube' :)
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby davo601 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:19 pm

No worries, and yes I have got all the bits left of the trigger kit, I sent you a PM about it but then found out if I delete a sent message before you've read it you don't get it......
anyhow if yer desperate you can send me yer address and I'll send the kit up to you or I can bring it up with me the next time I impose on you're hospitality.

I used one of the tubes and springs but reset the trigger back to factory after I had an unexpected discharge when cycling the bolt forward (shot the car!!! :shock: ), the problem was caused when Ryan fell on the rifle when he slipped on the rocks last time we were up, it had dislodged the sear slightly causing it to slip easily, extra, extra hair trigger so I lost all faith in the trigger job instantly and returned it to the original, it's a wee bit heavier but I know 110% that it's now safe, until he fell on it it worked perfectly, after the upgrade install I carried out the butt tap on the floor test and it was spot on and safe, just didn't trust it anymore.

One of the tubes has got a slight dent in it obviously caused when the rifle took a knock but it's not the tube you're after so shouldn't affect anything. :thup:

Mark.
davo601
Rifleman
Rifleman
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Beer Hunter » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:22 pm

hungryrob wrote:I'm looking for a thicker 'tube' :)

Took it down too much then?
Creep come back?

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby hungryrob » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:50 pm

Beer Hunter wrote:
hungryrob wrote:I'm looking for a thicker 'tube' :)

Took it down too much then?
Creep come back?

Kev.

Had a few scary moments; can't use it for the minute... Not safe :shock:
hungryrob
Site Owner
Site Owner
Founder
Founder

Postby Beer Hunter » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:11 pm

hungryrob wrote:Had a few scary moments; can't use it for the minute... Not safe :shock:

Its a thinner tube you are after then.

Kev.
Beer Hunter

Postby Chris St. MH » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:40 pm

I took a Viper off my HMR a few weeks back to put my Bushnell Elite 4200 6024x40 on. Big mistake - I really miss the Mamba and now have to fork out another £44 on BKls to put it back on (the 4200 is 1"). Gary even sent me a complete rear flip-up assembly after I lost the adapter ring, FOC, which was brilliant. The only thing I'd change on the MTC (other than the flip-ups, which I will swap for BCs at some point) is I'd rather have 1/4" than 1/8 clicks as it would make dialling in less tedious (not that I have dialled in with it - yet).
Chris St. MH
Pea shooter
Pea shooter

Postby polski » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:35 pm

davo601 wrote:No worries, and yes I have got all the bits left of the trigger kit, I sent you a PM about it but then found out if I delete a sent message before you've read it you don't get it......
anyhow if yer desperate you can send me yer address and I'll send the kit up to you or I can bring it up with me the next time I impose on you're hospitality.

I used one of the tubes and springs but reset the trigger back to factory after I had an unexpected discharge when cycling the bolt forward (shot the car!!! :shock: ), the problem was caused when Ryan fell on the rifle when he slipped on the rocks last time we were up, it had dislodged the sear slightly causing it to slip easily, extra, extra hair trigger so I lost all faith in the trigger job instantly and returned it to the original, it's a wee bit heavier but I know 110% that it's now safe, until he fell on it it worked perfectly, after the upgrade install I carried out the butt tap on the floor test and it was spot on and safe, just didn't trust it anymore.

One of the tubes has got a slight dent in it obviously caused when the rifle took a knock but it's not the tube you're after so shouldn't affect anything. :thup:

Mark.

Similar thing happened to me, after 2 years of trouble free shooting with the Brookes trigger kit fitted(not the lightest set up either) slipped the safety and the gun discharged.The gun had not been knocked or dropped, I have now removed the tube and just kept the lighter spring.

Rick.
polski
Rifleman
Rifleman

Return to Scopes, optics and night vision